Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Video won't play

Regular Visitor

Video won't play

News clips on "Today in Video" won't play using Firefox.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Video won't play

News videos don't work on Google with windows 10 as well.   It only works on IE.   Btw this only concerns the video's on one xfinity web page, only the news clips.  You know, the web page where you watch a 5 sec clip followed by 20 minutes of commercials then another 5 to 10 sec clip.  The page that no one probably watches anymore because of that.  Videos play fine everywhere else, regardless of browser or formate.   

New Poster

I also have the problem of the "Today in Video" clips accessed from the Comcast home page not playing in Firefox.  Other videos on other web pages not associated with Comcast play just fine.

I used Comcast's Support page to come here in hopes that someone had figured out the solution to this problem because Comcast is too lazy to address customer problems directly.  Since I can't view the videos, I also can't view the associated advertisements.  It makes me wonder why sponsors pay Comcast to place those ads if people can't view them.

Frequent Visitor

Try turning off your ad blocker.  Or whitelist comcast. worked for me.

Regular Visitor

When using Firefox 44.0.2, I have found that if you go to "Options", "Privacy", and uncheck "Use tracking protection in private windows", the videos will then play on my system.

New Poster

It worked!  As stated by Logoner, I went to "Options", "Privacy", and unchecked "Use tracking protection in private windows" and now I am able to view a 30 second advertisement in order to watch a 48 second video clip! Yay!

Ain't technology wonderful!

New Poster

I have this same problem with both Safari and Firefox.  Looks like Xfinity can't solve the problem, so we have to do a work-around ?!?!

Contributor

The "programmers" at Comcast have, apparently, all "graduated" from some Micro$oft school, because they know nothing of Chrome (which has a larger market share than Micro$soft) and, thus, have no ability to program for other browsers.  Having said that, of course, one must state that their "programmers" can't even figure out how to stream live broadcasts.  It seems that once these people DO learn enough, they leave for ethical (or, at least, more ethical) companies that pay a better wage (go ahead, pick any major TV network.)  CNN/MSNBC/Faux Noise/whomever all can stream live without 'pauses'; not Comcast.

People have complained for years; but, it's my opinion (as a programmer since 1967) that anyone who becomes remotely comptent will leave as soon as possible.

Even Comcast admits that they only employ a SMALL team. http://jobs.comcast.com/job-128369-software-engineer-viper-altcontent-in-denver-co-technology-softwa...

Comcast just wants their SMALL tream to provide enough 'content' that you don't go anywhere else.

When I watch ANY channel (MSNBC/CNN/Comedy/TNT that's live, I sign into THEIR website using my Xfinity ID and get great service.

Lastly, Comcast Internet provides about 1/'2 the speed, for the same money, as other providers.

Regular Visitor

I have had the same issue for months and months absolutely no satisfaction from Comcast just the issue is with my device I have had nothing but condescending people take no responsibility for Comcast issues don’t have the time or the energy to deal with there incompetence, issues are never resolved it’s always our device maybe they should read these!!! I guess it’s all of our devices!