New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Verify Comcast acct

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Verify Comcast acct

Trying to VERIFY Comcast account that is going to iCloud via AOL. Keep sending verification email but never receive it. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Verify Comcast acct

71senior wrote:

Trying to VERIFY Comcast account that is going to iCloud via AOL. Keep sending verification email but never receive it. 

Make sure your settings are correct.

For example:

Account Type: POP or POP3
Incoming Mail Server:
Incoming Server - POP3 port:
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):
Outgoing Server - SMTP port:

View answer in context
Problem Solver

71senior wrote:

Make sure your settings are correct.

For example:

Account Type: POP or POP3
Incoming Mail Server:
Incoming Server - POP3 port:
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):
Outgoing Server - SMTP port:

Tags (4)
Email Expert

71senior wrote:

You need to explain just what it is you are trying to do.  Are you using only the Comcast webmail interface, or a client like Outlook or Thunderbird?  What exactly do you mean by "Comcast account going to iCloud"  Who is asking you to verify the account?  Why is this all being routed through AOL?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Just able to receive ur email @comcast.net. Sorry for bad explanation, not sure what I'm doing. Was just sending mail on aol acct. and something happened! On Chrome, didn't save draft. Crashed?? Opened up comcast.net (not first time to do this) and suddenly I had 13 msgs, most the "verifying emails" I was questioning I never got. Hopefully I can explain to make sense.

I use aol because had it for years and wanted to avoid transferring to anything else. Bout 4-5 mos ago gave up Verizon (disaster) for comcast. Honestly wasn't sure what I was doing in trying to keep AOL as primary email and comcast as alternate. Thru Chat, comcast helped to set-up comcast so it should frwd all emails from there to aol, but I never got any emails on comcast.net, and I did check occasionally to see if any were there. I never actually set up to do this so not sure how the process went. 

I thought the verification was from iCloud, but upon reading emails in comcast email I just got, looks like it was Apple asking me to verify I was adding comcast.net as alternate email address. I was in icloud when I would click on "verify" and it would not complete the process. Just now I clicked on latest email in comcast and it "updated" and immediately verified the account. Where these 13 emails (now) came from or where they were, don't know; but never saw in AOL. If I use Safari (which is not my preference browser) my emails aren't removed. It's like I have 2 different places to get mail, Chrome & Safari, but set up differently. Do I make any sense this time? Again, none of the emails I just found in comcast.net are still not showing in aol. Is that as it should be? No idea if anything was changed as result of requesting help from chrome and/or comcast. Will I have to sign into comcast.net to receive any further responses from you? I did see a folder in Safari mail "imap.aol.com" but not in aol/chrome list. was able to remove it on comcast.net; never showed in aol.com. 

Email Expert

OK let me see if I have this right-------------at some point you had a conversation in the help chat to set up your Comcast email to auto-forward to an AOL account------is that right?

To see if you are in fact set up for that, sign in to your account, and then click on My Account at the top of the page. It will ask you to sign in again. That will take you to a page with tabs at the top. The one to the right is "Users and Preferences". Click on that, and it will open a page with Basic and Email settings. Click on Email settings, and look down the page to Forwarding. Click on the greyed out button to the right to turn it on and then follow the prompts.  It it's already on it will be green.  That's where you can see if you are forwarding to the AOL account.

Also, Chrome and Safari are not email programs;  they are web browsers.  You seem to be confusing the two.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Okay, in answer to your first paragraph, YES, you are correct. 

I followed your instructions in paragraph 2. When I clicked on Forwarding, clicked On (was green), it opened to a space to fill out (outlined in green), but there was nothing in it! I filled in my AOL.com address, and Saved. There was also a square to check for Save Copy and I checked that. Could this have been the problem? I was able to follow your written directions easily... thank you!

There was also a title Safe List turned on, but I haven't been able to add my Contacts, so I didn't touch that option... correct? 

You're correct that I'm confused btwn Safari and Chrome. Is it okay to use just one or the other, not both? I know they are browsers but seem to show my mail differently and not sync the same. Since this whole process is Greek to me (being an "old, longtime" PC person), I accidently clicked on the 1st response I got (Mikexxxx) that his comments helped... in fact, they didn't but I couldn't figure out how to erase the checkmark. Sorry.  (Oh, I also found your email from the 18th in Comcast.net emails and already tried to write you back saying such, but it was returned to me Daemon...

Frequent Visitor

Forgot ---- I was finally able to verify comcast.net as my alternate to aol.com because I answered the email by verifying in comcast.net 

Email Expert

So it looks like you are now sorted out.  As for the "Safe List"--------if you turn that on, you will only get emails from addresses you deliberately put on the list.  Nothing else will get through.  So for most folks it's not a desirable option, since Comcast doesn't check your address book to see if it's a legitimate contact.  It has it's uses like setting up an account for a child, where you want the incoming mail restricted to friends and family, or for a specific use like you only want an account available to certain contacts etc.  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

OMG! I think you did it! I got a notice in my aol.com account of ur email. Thank you so much for your help. I especially appreciated the "easy to understand" directions you sent me. I am very methodical (since I'm not sure what I'm doing) and ur directions really helped me.

Frequent Visitor

Latoque, you helped me before and hoping you can direct me again. I don't know which way to turn; Apple, Comcast, AOL? When I think I've gotten something correct (within my mess) couple days later it's gone. Can you tell me if there are any apps I can use to find out why I seem to lose forwarded messages from comcast to aol. Recently I came back in here and saw a new bunch of "old" emails, that should have been deleted. AOL removed ALL of my "saved" folder, which I admit had a lot, but with them since 2000, says I can't get them back because I haven't used that account for ??? days. That is not true because I supposedly had all my emails forwarded from comcast to aol. don't know if I'm getting everything I should be or not. I did just sign up for your "subscribe" list hoping I might get some answers thru your other posts. Just got this attached notice when I signed onto comcast today. 

Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 12.26.36 PM.png
Email Expert

If I understand you correctly, you say AOL wiped out a bunch of your emails?  Understand that forwarding your Comcast emails to the AOL account would not necessarily keep that account current.  I don't use AOL, but I will guess that like most free webmail accounts, if you don't sign into it after a certain period of time has elapsed, it can shut down on you.  It's not like a desktop email client such as Mozilla Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail that keeps you signed into the account all the time.

Simply recieving emails to the Inbox does not keep you signed into the AOL account.  And I'm guessing that's what happened.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon