Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Verification Request from XFINITY?????

New Poster

Verification Request from XFINITY?????

Has anyone else been receiving a page request for an alternate e-mail address (not COMCAST) and cell phone number from XFINITY, when you try to sign in to your e-mail? I won't give it, and it eventually let's me in, I think it might be a phish attack. Someone let me know.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Verification Request from XFINITY?????

Anon508619 wrote:

Has anyone else been receiving a page request for an alternate e-address (not COMCAST) and cell phone number from XFINITY, when you try to sign in to your e-mail? I won't give it, and it eventually let's me in, I think it might be a phish attack. Someone let me know.

Hello,

I received it a couple of times reguardless if it is legitimate or not I never provide any personal information over the net. I just ignored the page.

Gold Problem Solver

Anon508619 wrote: ... I think it might be a phish attack ..

Not easy to tell, unfortunately. See http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Comcast-ID-and-Sign-In/password-recovery-options/m-p/2692133#M3597

Gold Problem Solver

Everyone, read the post by COMCASTZACH in this thread for all the answers.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Recvery-Options-Page/m-p/2694710#U26947...

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Visitor

I received the same notification and spoke with a comcast rep.  I told them I was not giving my cell number to them and wanted the requests to stop.  The rep told me she could do that on her console and that I should log off and back on.  I did stop, for that day, but returned the next.  My next plan is to call tech support and get someone who knows what they're doing.   Good luck with your attempts.