Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Vanished email account.

Frequent Visitor

Vanished email account.

One of my email accounts has vanished - disappeared - gone from Cyberspace and Comcast can only insult me by asking if maybe I am confused and it is with someone else. I have talked to I don't know how many reps - all tell me that someone will get back to me within 48 hours - one did - after about 4 days - but he also said he would get back to me and he didn't.

it's been 12 days since I last received email - and suddenly POOF be gone - the email account doesn't exisit. Comcast tells me it doesn't exist - it has not been deleted - it has not been hacked - it just simply does not exist - after about 6 plus years - is gone!

Comcast tells me that they have no record of any account with the name - but when I try to recreate it - it tells me that the name already exist. I know that - I have had it for years!

So - can anybody out there help - does anyone have an explaination - Comcast doesn't and it doesn't appear they want to take the time to assist me. Has this happened to anyone else? And the loss of this account has affected my access to anything online that I sign in with this email address.

Official Employee

Re: Vanished email account.

Vanished,

Can you supply the userid for the account that vanished?

Regards...

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Bronze Problem Solver

Vanished wrote:

dezignerheart

(In my experience) the response from the server when trying to send to a suspended/recently deleted address is:

550 5.1.1 <xxx@comcast.net> recipient not available

That username above is garnering this response:

550 5.1.1 Not our Customer

That indicates that that address has the status of never having been assigned, or having been deleted more than 90 days ago. Maybe things have changed. What happens now when you try to create that address?

Frequent Visitor

When I try to recreate - it tells me that the name is already in use.....however - Comcast tells me that it does not exist - anywhere. I have had this account since - I believe - 2004. I have used it daily - I last received email on September 10th - and since then - it is just gone! 

It was in use just 2 weeks ago. Comcast tells me that if it was deleted - they would have notification on my account that it was deleted - they simply show that it never existed. I need it back! 

Bronze Problem Solver

Vanished wrote:

When I try to recreate - it tells me that the name is already in use.....

And you just tried again a little while ago?

however - Comcast tells me that it does not exist - anywhere. I have had this account since - I believe - 2004. I have used it daily - I last received email on September 10th - and since then - it is just gone! 

It was in use just 2 weeks ago. Comcast tells me that if it was deleted - they would have notification on my account that it was deleted - they simply show that it never existed. I need it back! 

It's another example of Comcast's email being unreliable. A Comcast mod has posted in this thread, hopefully he'll followup and get things sorted out for you. The Comcast email isn't the greatest, but the Comcast mods who check things out here are usually pretty good at getting things sorted out. Good luck!

Frequent Visitor

I have been trying daily to recreate and it still tells me the name is already in use. Comcast even had me copy and paste the screen and send it to them because they say it doesn't. Of course no response on that. I will wait to see if the Mod here can help. 

Thank Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

and just as I expected............no further contact with Comcast mods or anyone else affiliated with Comcast to look for solution or answers to my issue.............

Bronze Problem Solver

Vanished wrote:

and just as I expected............no further contact with Comcast mods or anyone else affiliated with Comcast to look for solution or answers to my issue.............

I sent a PM (Personal Message) to one of the Comcast guys asking him to have someone take a look at this thread. They tend to not work on weekends, though. All I can do now is to, again, wish you good luck!

Frequent Visitor

Thank you - appreciate your help. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Vanished wrote:

Thank you - appreciate your help. 

You're welcome. I'd appreciate it if you would post here and let us all know how things turn out.

Official Employee

Can you send me a private message with your account number?  Also, do you have any other email addresses on the account? If so, include them in the private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

I am having the exact same problem.

Same customer service questions even after I explain over and over...finally told the person I am not an moron and I am currently loooking at over 190 emails that are saved. I used this missing email only on my Kindle so the past mgs are still there to look at. But the exact mgs come back as you reported and when I go to try to remake it , it says already in use.

This has become a problem and I have no more patience in talking to some rep who only reads from a script and cannot get through their head that I had this email for over a yr before it just vanished. I never thought I would miss Time Warner in our area but boy am I starting to anymore.

I was wondering if this was ever resolved........if so how?

Thank you so much in advance and I do hope yours was fixed.

Frequent Visitor

Yes this issue was finally resolved. But only through the assistance I received through this thread and not through any phone calls.Hopefully one of the techs who read this will be able to reactivate your account.