Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Utility to restore emails

New Poster

Utility to restore emails

I found a lost email in the trash and tried to restore it to my inbox. I didn't get it; so I tried to recover it. The recovery dialog box showed the email but no option to move it. Suddenly, the entire list cleared. Need help to retrieve the list. Thanks.

Email Expert

Re: Utility to restore emails

Trash is stored for 14 days or 5,000 messages, whichever comes first.  After that, messages will appear in the "Recover Deleted Items" feature found by right-clicking on the Trash folder.  That keeps them for another 15 days from the time they were deleted.  It usually takes 24 hour or so for a message to appear in the recovery feature after it's deleted from Trash.  Are you saying that there are no messages in the Recover Deleted Items view?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Utility to restore emails

The first attempt to recover the message, I did right-click and saw the messages. It was my first use of the newer design and the help page I found included an older display. So, I didn't see the small MOVE button upper left of the list. I left the screen and when I returned, there were no messages in the display. I closed the display and returned again, they were there. I was able to recover the deleted message once the list displayed again. My problem is resolved but I don't have an answer for the display mystery.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation