Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Username changed

New Poster

Username changed

Ok, here is my problem.  My username was changed without my knowledge or authorization.  Talking with Xfinity was a dead end. They could not find my old email address that I have had for years.  It just vanished and a new one was created in my name.  Here's where it gets interesting.  In my account settings it says that my account was changed on Saturday 10/21 @ 813pm EST.  I got my last email Sat before the change at 407pm and it even says in the (ToSmiley Happy field that it was sent to my old email address.  Xfinity has no records at all of my old email address.  Emailing my new username goes to my old mailbox, but in the basic acount settings it has my old email. In the secure account settings it has my new address.  Has anyone had this problem?  And if so is there a way to get Xfinity to fix it?

Service Expert

Re: Username changed

You might want to call Comcast's CSA (Customer Security Assurance). They may be able to help you.  Their phone number is (888) 565-4329.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello gailhash. 

Have you contacted the CSA about this yet? Were they able to assist you? 

If you need further assistance, I can help. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

My username also got changed without my knowledge;  I called Xfinity/Comcast securty and got a ticket number.  After five days they closed the ticket without changing my username back.  Called again and got another ticket and was told now I am at bottom of priority list.  All I wanted was my username/email that I have had for 25+ years.  After 8 days now...I have given up, I cannot be without a working email address, I finally spent two hours or so changing my email address everywhere and I sure I have missed some.

Like many Xfinity/Comcast customers am stuck with their service as there is no other real choice.

So advice to original poster....just change your username/email address as you will NEVER get your old one back.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation