Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unwanted Folder

Regular Visitor

Unwanted Folder

Well, the support forum appears to be worthless, I see that many have asked the same question as I am asking, when/where/why/how did the 'unwanted' folder come to be?  Why are certain emails going there?  How do I stop it?  This is not first time it has happened and from what others are asking through the Forum, I am not the only one.  Does anyone have an answer?  Not surprised if Comcast/xfinity has no clue, anyone competent have an answer?  

Before you ask, I have been trying to access Chat for months, can never get through.  Tired of redicoulous telephone wait times, only to be disconnected and tired of traveling to a store, only to find out they have no clue.  Can anyone help???

Email Expert

Re: Unwanted Folder

I can find only about 4 or 5 other posters with this question.  I've not seen this mystery folder myself.  I have put a question to Comcast about it.  We'll see what response I get.  Out of curiosity, do you have the account enabled in a desktop email client like Thunderbird or Outlook, or on a mobile device?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver
Email Expert

BruceW wrote:

Does http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29616195-Outlook-Important-Emails-going-to-unwanted-folder-in-outlo... help?

Good catch Bruce.  I had suspected an IMAP thing, but the OP said nothing about using a client.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I pull up emails on desk top, lap top, cell and / or tablet, I go to comcast.net

New Poster

I am having the same problem!!  Surprisingly many of the emails that are getting directed to this mysterious unwanted folder are from other comcast addresses.  I also access my email directly through comcast.net from laptops  and mobile phones. If anyone out there can hep we would really appreciate it!! There are business emails we are missing because of this strange folder that showed up.... 

Gold Problem Solver