Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unwanted Email Solicitations

Contributor

Unwanted Email Solicitations

Just this week I started getting in my Comcast Email some spam or unwanted emails. I have not opened them, just relegated them to Spam and then deleted them from there. I am not happy as I have not had anything like this happen to me since switching over to Comcast several years ago. Actually I only have recieved emails from ppl on my email list and no one else for all these years.

I did check the spam info on my account and all seems to be in order.

I will continue to not open them and relegate them to spam....should I leave them in the spam box or delete them?

Thank you, and would appreciate any help.

P.S. I also am recieving another modem box sometime in the next few days, and without any hassles like I had last year. The one I now have is acting up like the one before it and no fuss no muss.... Smiley Wink  I had called for a repairman to come and fix our downed line. It had come off our roof and that's when I was asked if I needed anything else. The repairman did come and fixed the line within a few hours of my calling....  

Email Expert

Re: Unwanted Email Solicitations

Just keep marking them as Spam.  Once your email address is on one or more spammer's lists, you will have junk thrown at your account.  You can leave them in the Spam folder if you like;  the longest they will stay in there is 30 days and then Comcast starts dumping them.  Or you can delete them sooner if you like.  You might find this of interest------------------

http://ask-leo.com/im_drowning_in_spam_what_can_i_do.html

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Thank you very much for the information....I will either leave them there or dump them if I remember to do that. I was just curious as I had never recieved anything like Spam before....on this email account anyway. Thanks

Contributor

Yes....I did get the help I needed. Thank you all very much for responding to my inquiry.

littlecross.