Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to send email to embarqmail or wildblue domains - reports message containing spam

New Poster

Unable to send email to embarqmail or wildblue domains - reports message containing spam

Several email addresses that are embarqmail and wildblue net recently started to bounce back with the message:

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 [P4] Message blocked due to spam content in the message.

I am using Outlook 21016 as my email client on 2 diffferent Windows 10 computers and on Apple ipad (using WiFi).  The bounce happens with all of them.  I have created a new email profile in Outlook on one computer and set up according to Comcast instructions to start a fresh client setup to no avail.  I am able to send email to these addresses using Comcast webmail so my email address itself is not being blocked, but only mail sent via IMAP.   I have contacted the Comcast Security Center and they place the blame on Outlook, thus not anything that Comcast can help with. I've posted this issue on Microsoft Outlook community forum and after creating the new profile, the responses there were that the issue is possibly related to the IP address that my router is getting from Comcast and may be falsely listed somewhere in the cloud.  There's no way to force an IP change without replacing the router (thus a mac address change). 

Any suggestions on how to get this resolved would be greatly appreciated.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation