New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to save or edit Email Filters in Comcast Email

New Poster

Unable to save or edit Email Filters in Comcast Email

Hi:

I found a question on the board about the inability to add or edit email filters in my Comcast email account.  This was dated in May and said that it was going to be sent to the Comcast tech department for a fix.  I am wondering if there has been any progress on this?  I haven't been able to edit, update, or create email filters on my account for about 6-10 months, and I am receiving more and more spam during this period.  I've been using this account for years and am wary of dumping my Comcast account for another, more reliable email provider.  I'd love to find a way to prevent the excessive spam and to create my own filters (again) as I have in the past.  Has there been any progress?
   Thanks,  Bill Brown

Regular Visitor

Re: Unable to save or edit Email Filters in Comcast Email

I'm in the same boat.  I'm one of the lucky 53 million people who had their email address stolen in the Home Depot hack last November and now my Comcast inbox is being flooded by spam daily. It almost unusable.  I would have thought that Comcast's own spam filtering would catch these messages, but this is not the case.  I can't correctly create, edit or delete filters.  I either get error messages or an infinite saving... message.  Time to move everything to my gmail account I guess.

Frequent Visitor

I'm also waiting for a solution for this. I tried online chat help but nothing was resolved.

Regular Contributor

I'm running into the same problem. The filters weren't great to start with (I guess I was expecting more robust rules, like my email client at work), but now some have stopped working and when I try to edit, it says cannot save. And filters that had worked are now marked as inactive and I cannot save them as active.

New Poster

I am having the same problem today.  Does anyone have a solution?

jimp....