Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to email addressees with AOL

New Poster

Unable to email addressees with AOL

Since signing up for xfinity I have been unable to send to friends with AOL addresses.  All of my outgoing mail gets sent back as undeliverable.  Has anyone else had this problem and figured out how to get around it?  I welcome any advice.

Email Expert

Re: Unable to email addressees with AOL

Exactly what does the bounce message say?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

vinofyl wrote: ... All of my outgoing mail gets sent back as undeliverable. ...

You'll probably have to do "View Source" on the bounce messages to see the actual reason the mail was rejected. If you post that info here and it contains an email address, remove the userID portion but leave the rest. For example, if the message contained the email address "bobsmith@example.net", edit that so it reads "********@example.net" before posting.

New Poster

Here's a funny development:  I sent out a couple of emails to aol recipients today and they didn't get kicked back by damien as undeliverable.  I haven't changed anything since I asked for help from this forum, so I guess this is just my lucky day.  My thanks to the two people that responded.

New Poster

Right after I said that my email to AOL users didn't get kicked back, I received two that had been kicked back as undeliverable, permanent errors.  The only difference that I could discern was that they contained forwarded attachments.  So, back to square 1.