Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to download email

Contributor

Unable to download email

On May 27, in the late afternoon, I began having trouble connecting with my Incredimail account. When receiving, it just hangs. Often with Incredimail, the solution is to delete and re-add the Comcast account. However, I tried and I get an error message, "Comcast says: there seems to be a problem with your account. Make sure your email address is correctly typed."  Well, it is.

I've tried re-adding the account several times and I get the same result. Interestingly enough, I can send, but not receive. I also re-booted my router and that didn't help, either. I can access my mail on the web, but that is terribly difficult to read for me. Also, web mail went out last night for a time as well.

Contributor

Re: Unable to download email

I was finally able to get my Incredimail client able to receive emails again. I had previously attempted to change incoming/outgoing port settings as described in the user generated advice for Outlook, etc. but that did not work, either. I decided to try to reboot my computer and then set up the account over again and this finally worked, once I changed the ports and checked SSL for both.