New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to delete 4 emails in my inbox

Regular Visitor

Unable to delete 4 emails in my inbox

Hello,

I am using my web browser (Firefox) to access my Comcast email. I have four emails from Sept 27 that I am unable to delete. When I try, I get the following message: "Error - This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.

In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first." I tried to move the emails to other folders to see if that would get rid of them and I received this message: "An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request."

My inbox has four other messages in it and when I check settings, I am only using 3% of my storage. I have emptied my trash, cleared my cache, tried a different computer, and the problem persists through today (Oct 10).

I attempted to utilize Comcast chat, but after waiting for 2 hours with 'your session will begin soon', I gave up. I have also searched for solutions online, but haven't found anyone who is having the same issue. Most people who cannot delete are using their phones and have an issue with POP, but this is via my browser.

While this isn't a workstop issue, it is definitely annoying that I can't get rid of these emails. Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated!
Thank you!

Email Expert

Re: Unable to delete 4 emails in my inbox

I don't think this is something you can fix yourself, so I am going to escalate it to the forum administrators to see if someone can look at your account and find out what is going on.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Admin1

jerwuh -- I haven't heard of this happening before but can see about running support for this. I would need to see if I'm able to duplicate this issue. That would require that I reset of your password, sign in with your email, and see if I get the same error while trying to remove the same emails. Would you be ok with that? 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Regular Visitor

Yes, that would be fine.

Admin1

Great. Can you tell me which emails are the problem ones? If you don't want to list them publicly you can send them to me in a PM.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.