New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to access email

Frequent Visitor

Unable to access email

Hello.

I have been unable to access email with my primary account since Sunday.

I use t get a message stating email and voicemail was unavailable to some customers and that they were working on it.

I now get

"HTTP ERROR 400

Problem accessing /service/preauth. Reason:

authentication failed for [ ]"

Curious thing is the secondary email address under my account is working fine.

I have called support and opened 2 cases to no avail.

Please Help!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to access email

BTW, I have tried IE 9 and IE11 (with and without compatibility mode), outlook, IOS, m.comcas.net, Chrome, etc.

None have been successful.

Frequent Visitor

Same problems as below. Tech tried to enable mail forwarding to another email address.
That doesn't work either.
Another strange happening: clicking on Email fromtge webpage sends me to calendar, which also doesn't work.
Very frustrated.
Frequent Visitor

Here is a new one.

Tried sending email to my comcast.net address from work and it got rejected

Came back stating:

Delivery has failed...

Following organization rejected your message: [68.87.20.5]

Unknown address error

Account not available

Frequent Visitor

This morning, I can see preview of emails (3 total), but when I click view inbox, I get this message:

HTTP ERROR 400

Problem accessing /service/preauth. Reason:

authentication failed for [myID]

Powered by Jetty://
Frustrating, 

Frequent Visitor

I also tried the workaround at http://m.comcast.net/m/ with no luck:-(

Frequent Visitor

That is exactly what my issue is.

Not sure why when I contact support via chat, they have no clue of what I am talking about.

New Poster

Same here. Just spent 20 min on phone - the support person has no idea what the message meant or what the problem could be. Finally after 20 min he put me on hold to check with technical support (I thought that's what I was getting from him)  only to have him come back on and tell me exactly what the message has said for 2 days now--there's a problem and we're working on it. no estimate of a timeline for a fix. Email down for 2 days and no idea what the problem is?

New Poster

I wonder if Comcast will expect full payment for the month the email services had a technical problem for a few days.

New Poster

Just tried support again and they were able to fix it. They refreshed my signal and 'updated my data base" - i lost 2 days of emails though--they were either wiped out with the update or rejected while this issues was going on. Good luck!

Frequent Visitor

I called Comcast based on your comment and they had no clue about the reset.  She did come back and stated that they were aware of the problem, that it only affected Florida and Georgia and that is should be resolved within 2 days.

This had me thinking, so I logged in to manage users and transferred the primary from me to another one.

I then logged in as the new primary and deleted mine.

Logged in as the new primary user and recreated mine.

I then transferred primary back to me.

Logged out and logged back in as me as all is working fine, as a bonus (YMMV) my old emails were still there!