Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to Receive Email Forwarded from My Website's Contact Form by My Website's Host Server

New Poster

Unable to Receive Email Forwarded from My Website's Contact Form by My Website's Host Server

I have a WordPress business site and use the Contact 7 Form application for creating contact forms. Recently, I updated the contact form. Once the form is completed and successfully submitted, I receive an email in my email box that is located on my host's server. In this case the host is bluehost.com. Then, the bluehost server is to forward the email to my comcast.net email box. Unfortunately, although the email is being received in the designated bluehost email box, it is not being received by the designated comcast.net email box. I've contacted bluehost and it was determined:

• emails sent directly from the comcast.net server to the bluehost server are forwarded successfully to the designated email mailbox on the comcast.net server
  • emails generated via the contact form and received in the bluehost email box are not being successfully forwarded to the comcast.net server
  • the culprit for this appears to be that the email address used by the host's server is not the same as the one used when email servers are speaking directly to each other
  • the difference in email addresses i.e., @wsbydesign.com vs @box868.bluehost.com is preventing the contact forms from being successfully forwarded because the host's emails are being blocked by comcast's server

I've just spoken with the comcast server level 2 technician and was directed to postmaster.comcast.net/IPB-removal.html with the request to recontact bluehost to ask they complete the form and submit it on my behalf. I'm in the process of doing that, but I'm very frustrated. Has anyone run into this type of issue before and how did you resolve it?

Service Expert

Re: Unable to Receive Email Forwarded from My Website's Contact Form by My Website's Host Server

@kdfam wrote:

I have a WordPress business site and use the Contact 7 Form application for creating contact forms. Recently, I updated the contact form. Once the form is completed and successfully submitted, I receive an email in my email box that is located on my host's server. In this case the host is bluehost.com. Then, the bluehost server is to forward the email to my comcast.net email box. Unfortunately, although the email is being received in the designated bluehost email box, it is not being received by the designated comcast.net email box. I've contacted bluehost and it was determined:

• emails sent directly from the comcast.net server to the bluehost server are forwarded successfully to the designated email mailbox on the comcast.net server
  • emails generated via the contact form and received in the bluehost email box are not being successfully forwarded to the comcast.net server
  • the culprit for this appears to be that the email address used by the host's server is not the same as the one used when email servers are speaking directly to each other
  • the difference in email addresses i.e., @wsbydesign.com vs @box868.bluehost.com is preventing the contact forms from being successfully forwarded because the host's emails are being blocked by comcast's server

I've just spoken with the comcast server level 2 technician and was directed to postmaster.comcast.net/IPB-removal.html with the request to recontact bluehost to ask they complete the form and submit it on my behalf. I'm in the process of doing that, but I'm very frustrated. Has anyone run into this type of issue before and how did you resolve it?

Is there a specific, unalterable reason you're forwarding to your comcast.net email address?  How are you responding back to the emails you receive?  From bluehost webmail for your domain, or through comcast.net?

FWIW, I use Thunderbird to download my [bluehost hosted/Wordpress] domain email and then I can respond to it from there.  For ME, I see no reason to bother with forwarding anything from my domain.  I don't see any reason to mess with a "middleman".

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Unable to Receive Email Forwarded from My Website's Contact Form by My Website's Host Server

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll look into that!
Service Expert

@kdfam wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll look into that!

Good luck!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation