Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

UNSAVED ITEMS ????

Problem Solver

UNSAVED ITEMS ????

Could someone explain the following message?  Got it when trying to check emails.   Clicked Keep All and a compose window opened..

2016 new email system.PNG

I sent an email to myself with that window, and low and behold, I was granted access to email.  

What a weird   {frightening}    way to notify you that there was an uncompleted email........  Why not just save it in DRAFTS?     Other email providers do that..  

ciao, bj

Email Expert

Re: UNSAVED ITEMS ????

It should be in Drafts already.  All that window does is ask if you want to leave the Compose window open rather than close it out.  At least that's what it looks like to me.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

I had no knowledge if it was in Drafts or not.

I could not get to the Main viewing screen that shows  Inbox, Drafts, Spam, Sent, & Trash + the listing of the Inbox emails.

I had no other option, except choosing Delete All or Keep All.   The whole screen only showed that Box and Message.

Thus my total confusion.  

Obviously, as I stated above, { sorry didn't use all my words}  I selected Keep All, and a Compose window opened up.   Then that's when I sent the email to myself.

At no time was a normal email screen present, or Drafts showing.

After seeing what happened, seems like to me, that some step was left out prior to that screen popping up.

ciao, bj

Problem Solver

FYI---  I did a test and found that an incomplete and UNSENT email, will trigger the above image I posted. 

As I explained there is no mention of Draft.    And you are completely locked out of email until some action is taken.                 This is a Print Screen of the whole page..     The other was just a snip.  

ciao, bj

EDIT-- this occurs after you leave the email site...   and the email program is basically shut down.  

2016 print screen Draft error.png

Email Expert

The message would have been saved to Drafts before you got to that screen.  It's just a safety thing to make sure you want to close out the unfinished message in the Compose window.  It really has no effect on the Drafts folder that I can see.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Did you test it?   With that screen/message in place, I am blocked from going any further into email.    I tested other emails that I have, and this is the only one that prevents you from using any of the functions of email when the program is shut down with an incomplete "compose" message started.

I don't know how else to describe it with any more clarity, I hope you understand what I'm trying to describe.

ciao, bj