Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

UID COPY failed? Comcast issue???

ANSWERED
New Poster

UID COPY failed? Comcast issue???

I'm having an issue with Comcast's email. When I try to delete a message the message (or some new notification) pops back into my inbox:

The message "Lenovo ThinkCenter...." could not be moved to the mailbox "Trash - Comcast"

The IMAP command "UID COPY" (to Trash) failed for the mailbox "INBOX" with server errror: UID COPY failed.

This sounds like a Comcast IMAP issue and not something wrong on my Mac, right? Will it clear itself up in time or do I need to do something?

Accepted Solution

Re: UID COPY failed? Comcast issue???

Ok, for you administrators, I found the solution (I think) on MacRumors:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mail-not-allowing-me-to-delete-messages.376911/#post-4409695

I guess it's not directly a "Comcast" issue- but the way my mail client wanted to save junk and trash emails to the server...so I guess it's a combination of both settings and the server?

View answer in context
New Poster

For the record, if I try to delete any of the email I have in my inbox from any of my devices (iphone, ipad, etc.), I get this same error.

If I try to delete a message in my inbox from any other mail server I use like icloud, gmail, yahoo, work, etc...it deletes just fine.

If I try to delete messages from Comcast's web-based email client, they delete just fine.

This is a problem that seems to be entirely a Comcast email related issue. I cannot use Comcast's web-based email to manage my email...

Email Expert

I have a Mac, using Mac Mail and I have never seen that error message before.  I'm going to escalate this to the forum administrator level to see if we can have it looked at.  Did you try deleting the account from Mail and then re-creating it in Mail?  Or are you using Thunderbird or something else?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi bighosue, I have never seen this error on an email client. Please try Latoque's suggestion and try to delete the account from your client and re-creating it and let us know if this fixes the error.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Well, what leads me to believe it is somehow Comcast that's causing this issue is that it occurs on ALL of my devices. It does not occur with my email accounts on other mail servers, just Comcast's.

So, it doesn't matter if I delete the email from my iPhone, iPads or iMac- it results in the same error message. So, I don't see how it can be the account setup on the client device.

New Poster

Ok, for you administrators, I found the solution (I think) on MacRumors:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mail-not-allowing-me-to-delete-messages.376911/#post-4409695

I guess it's not directly a "Comcast" issue- but the way my mail client wanted to save junk and trash emails to the server...so I guess it's a combination of both settings and the server?

Official Employee

Thank you for the update and the link, that will definitely help if this issue arises in the future. Were you able to correct the error by correcting your settings?

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Yes, it appears so. I am no longer getting the error when I delete a Comcast server based email. I believe this resolved my issue.

Official Employee

That is great to hear, and again thank you for the link it will help other in the future!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Email Expert

I have mine set to move deleted messages to the Trash folder, and I'm not having the issue.  Just to add, did anyone notice that the thread in that link is 9 1/2 years old?

Just sayin

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation