Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Two weeks today with no email coming to my address at Xfinity.comcast.net

New Poster

Two weeks today with no email coming to my address at Xfinity.comcast.net

I have been a customer of Comcast since they laid cable over a decade ago.  A little over a week ago I called service about no emails showing up on my account.  I have been in contact with a person that I can call back with an extension # who has called me on occasion to see if my mail is showing up and the answer is no.  In the preceeding two weeks I have received 1 spam 8 days ago and yesterday two more but noting to my in box.  We have found out that my spam filters can not be deleted.  What is with that?  3 days with the tech's working on it and no results.  I fear all my banking and other critical e-mails are lost at this point.  Not the happiest customer at this time.  LT

Email Expert

Re: Two weeks today with no email coming to my address at Xfinity.comcast.net

Assuming that you are in either your Primary, or an unrestricted Secondary account, check to see if your "Safe List" is enabled--------------

Click on either "Account" or My Account" at the top of your screen, depending on which page you are on at the moment. It should ask you to sign in again. When you have done so, it should take you to a page with four tabs at the top that say "Overview", "Billing and Payments", "My Services", and "Users and Preferences". Click on "Users and Preferences" if it's not open already, and you should see another page with your name and address, account number and other things. You should see two tabs----"Basic Settings", and to the right of it ------"Email Settings". Click on that and you will see several choices including the Safe List. If it's enabled the button will be green.

When the Safe List is enabled, the only emails that will go to your Inbox will be from addresses or domains you deliberately put on that list manually. Nothing else will get through. So if it's turned on, you need to turn it off. It has been known to become enabled by itself, with no action on your part.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks for the input but no help.  It is 16 days now and no help from the company.  Very discouraging.  LT

Service Expert

deadeye_ashley wrote:

Thanks for the input but no help.  It is 16 days now and no help from the company.  Very discouraging.  LT

Does this mean you checked to see if the Safe List is enabled?

Do you have email forwarding turned on?

Have you tried changing your password to see if that might re-generate your email?

Do you have an email client [program] like Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, etc. on your machine that might be signing into your account and downloading your email, then removing it off the server?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks for your input and my appology for not responding earlier.  Preparations for the 5th birthday of my granddaughter superceeded all other efforts.  

Now 22nd day without any email reception.  I did change the address only to find out it was able to send a message to itself and thought I had found the solution as my original account address wouldn't receive from itself.  However, my wifes iPad and my Dell laptop with Windows 7 using Googlechrome couldn't reach my new inbox.  The iPad, latest and greatest, is on the same Xfinity.Comcast account as a secondary with none of the same issues as I am having.  It makes no sense.  This issue has been at the "Engineering" level for a week and it is hard to believe anything is being done with this issue other than a put off by service contacts.

New Poster

p.s.

re. "Do you have an email client [program] like Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, etc. on your machine that might be signing into your account and downloading your email, then removing it off the server"

I do not have anything of this nature going on with this account.  Thanks