Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Two nearly indentical laptops, one has very slow download speed. 1 mbs vs. 27 mbs

Regular Visitor

Two nearly indentical laptops, one has very slow download speed. 1 mbs vs. 27 mbs

Brand new Toshiba laptop (core i7 12 gb ram) has very slow download speed (1 mbs) and 2 year old Toshiba (core i7 8 gb ram) can reach 27 mbs download speed. Both are Windows 10. These were tested side by side, one after the other. Repeated the test 3 times, same results. Any network setting that could be causing this. I plan to look at both to compare settings.

Cable Expert

Re: Two nearly indentical laptops, one has very slow download speed. 1 mbs vs. 27 mbs

Go into the device manager / network adapters and look through the settings and the driver version.  Check the channel width settings, and if it's on 20mhz, change it to auto or 40 if available.

Go to Toshiba's support site and check for the latest driver for that specific network adapter and Windows 10.  

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon