Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Two email issues with new format

Frequent Visitor

Two email issues with new format

1) My delete key icon does not work. I have to "move to" trash to delete an email. 

2) I can no longer drag and drop emails into my folders. Again, I have to use the "move to" icon to do it. 

Both of these are annoying steps backwards, and I can't understand why that trash can icon exists if it doesn't do anything.

Madeline

Email Expert

Re: Two email issues with new format

If you are using Chrome or IE-11 this is a known issue.  For now all you can do is keep using the Move button, or use another browser.  Drag and drop works with Edge and Firefox on Windows machines.  For the Delete issue try clearing your browsing history, then close and restart the browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. I will try the suggestion. Oddly enough, the delete icon does work in other folders besides the IN box. 

Frequent Visitor

I fixed the delete issue by accident. I went to my settings and in basic settings I changed the design to lavendar from Xfinity. When I returned to my email the trash can icon was working. I went back and reset it to xfinity again, and upon returning to email the icon was still working. 

I think sometimes you just have to do something like this to make the whole system reset. It seems that helps it all get digested better.