Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Trash/Archives/2016 sub-folders coming from Comcast IMAP server - unable to delete

Regular Contributor

Trash/Archives/2016 sub-folders coming from Comcast IMAP server - unable to delete

One of my e-mail accounts, mysteriously now shows Archives/2016 as sub-folders in the Trash folder coming from the IMAP server. When I login to the web interface, these sub-folders do not exist, although there is an 'Archive' (singular) folder listed.

When I use Thunderbird to delete these two sub-folders, they keep reappearing/refreshing when I launch Thunderbird again. I also have Claws Mail installed and am also seeing these folders in that. If I try to delete the same folders in Claws Mail, it tells me they cannot be deleted.

As this appears with two different e-mail programs, these sub-folders are obviously coming from Comcast's IMAP server.

Is there a way to permanently delete them? I do not know if deleting the 'Archive' folder in the web interface will do that.

Thanks in advance.

Official Employee

Re: Trash/Archives/2016 sub-folders coming from Comcast IMAP server - unable to delete

I'm sorry you are having a problem. I do not see any folders that match your description on the backend. I did uncover a similar issue on a Mozilla forum that perhaps is pertinent?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1104644

I hope that helps you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: Trash/Archives/2016 sub-folders coming from Comcast IMAP server - unable to delete

Thanks for the reply, Brett.

At some point since this morning, the Archives/2016 sub-folders disappeared. Neither Thunderbird nor Claws Mail are displaying them currently.

Official Employee

Well... glad it sorted itself out. Give a shout if it becomes an issue again!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon