Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Transitioning to a new email account

New Poster

Transitioning to a new email account

We are going to be transitioning to a new ISP over the next few weeks and will no longer have comcast for internet or cable.  I am overwhelmed thinking how to go to a new email account - I have had this account for many years now.  I use Outlook for my email. Are there any suggestions - is there a rule I can set up or can email be fowarded to my new account before the comast account is shut off completely?

New Poster

Re: Transitioning to a new email account

julie_m1 wrote:

We are going to be transitioning to a new ISP over the next few weeks and will no longer have comcast for internet or cable.  I am overwhelmed thinking how to go to a new email account - I have had this account for many years now.  I use Outlook for my email. Are there any suggestions - is there a rule I can set up or can email be fowarded to my new account before the comast account is shut off completely?

Lucky you and lucky me - on April 12th, Comcast instituted a new practice - after YEARS AND YEARS of complaints - that allows you to keep your Comcast email account permanently - IF you follow certain rules. Unfortunately, those rules have been crashing all day and are not currently available! They can be found here - IF they ever make them work again: http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-only-faqs http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/using-email-only What they SAID earlier today is that you have to access your account at least 90 days before disconnecting, and you must access your account at least every either 9 months (what it first said) or 90 days (what they told me when I asked for clarification). Maybe if the links ever go live again, you will know - but you may not have to migrate anything, which is good, because YOU CAN'T. Up until yesterday, Comcast just shut off your email account when you disconnected, too bad, so sad. I hope they really mean that this will be a permanent fix.