Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Transferring primary email address from one account to another account. Possible?

New Poster

Transferring primary email address from one account to another account. Possible?

Hi,

I created my email address back in 2001 while still living with my parents. Since it was the first address to be created on the account, it has become the primary account address. Since then, I have used this email address for EVERYTHING. Credit cards, online subscriptions, social media, multiple websites that I operate... it is now a deeply-rooted part of my online presence. 

However, I moved out and opened my own Comcast internet account in 2005, complete with a new primary email address. This hasn't been an issue, as my parents have stayed in the same place since then, and continued using the same Comcast account.

The problem now is that they are preparing to move in a few months, and their Comcast account will be cancelled (and my precious email address with it!) I'm hoping there is a way to move my old email (the primary email address on my parents' account) over to my current account. 

I have not yet contacted Comcast customer support, as I don't want to accidentally have one or both of the accounts involved cancelled! 

I suppose what I hope to learn here is what I would need to do to make this switch happen. Who should I call (I've read that the basic Comcast customer service line may not be able to do much for me...)?

Email Expert

Re: Transferring primary email address from one account to another account. Possible?

I think what you are asking can be done but it will take jumping through some hoops.  I am going to escalate this to the forum Administrator so someone can direct you on how to proceed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Transferring primary email address from one account to another account. Possible?

deevergote wrote:

Hi,

I created my email address back in 2001 while still living with my parents. Since it was the first address to be created on the account, it has become the primary account address. Since then, I have used this email address for EVERYTHING. Credit cards, online subscriptions, social media, multiple websites that I operate... it is now a deeply-rooted part of my online presence. 

However, I moved out and opened my own Comcast internet account in 2005, complete with a new primary email address. This hasn't been an issue, as my parents have stayed in the same place since then, and continued using the same Comcast account.

The problem now is that they are preparing to move in a few months, and their Comcast account will be cancelled (and my precious email address with it!) I'm hoping there is a way to move my old email (the primary email address on my parents' account) over to my current account. 

I have not yet contacted Comcast customer support, as I don't want to accidentally have one or both of the accounts involved cancelled! 

I suppose what I hope to learn here is what I would need to do to make this switch happen. Who should I call (I've read that the basic Comcast customer service line may not be able to do much for me...)?

For this the account holder of the email will have to contact us to submit a transfer of email to a new account. If the names are different on each account, one of our advance techs will later call back and get both account owners on the line in order to authorize the switch. It can be done, but the whole process can take 3-5 days to be completed. Once ticket is submitted by call center agent, it usually takes 24-48 hours for the advance techs to contact you. Let me know if you need any more details on this. -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Regular Visitor

I am facing a similar issue –– I heavily use my Comcast email address for important communications such as credit cards, online billings, etc.

In my case, I am vacating my current residence and deactivating the service here at the end of the Month. However, the location to which I am moving is a property owned by my family that already has its own Comcast service. I would like to transfer this important email address to the account of my new residence. 

It seems as though the solution is likely the same here, but I can't find in your reply exactly how I am supposed to contact one of your Advance Techs. Could you please provide me with a contact email, or assist with initiating this process?

Thanks very much!

Administrator
Administrator

WrittenCom wrote:

I am facing a similar issue –– I heavily use my Comcast email address for important communications such as credit cards, online billings, etc.

In my case, I am vacating my current residence and deactivating the service here at the end of the Month. However, the location to which I am moving is a property owned by my family that already has its own Comcast service. I would like to transfer this important email address to the account of my new residence. 

It seems as though the solution is likely the same here, but I can't find in your reply exactly how I am supposed to contact one of your Advance Techs. Could you please provide me with a contact email, or assist with initiating this process?

Thanks very much!

Usually we need to submit a ticket request, if you can send me the account information of were the email is needed to be transfer and I will submit the request. Please be aware that this can sometimes take up to a week depending on the situation. -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Regular Visitor

Thanks a lot! I will gather this information and send you a private message with it. 

If the timeframe could be nearly a week, is there any way to set an automatic reply directing all inquiries to another (non-Comcast) address of mine? (Or even better, to forward incoming messages while the box is inaccessable to me?)

Thanks again!