Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Transferring my email account

Visitor

Transferring my email account

. Since May 16th 2016 I have been on the phone with your customer service people nonstop about a problem that has occurred and still nothing has been solved. I have been told multiple times that they were going to work on my account and problem and call me back to help me resolve it but yet nothing. I have cancelled many important meetings and plans to wait for phone calls that never occurred.
My problem is that an email account that I have had an email account with you for many years.... <>?!@#$^@comcast.net and just randomly on May 15th 2016 it stopped working. I am aware that I had this email account when I was married to my ex and I thought we moved it over to my new comcast/xfinity account when we divorced and I moved to my new house. But somehow I am told that it was now all of a sudden not switched over. During one of the first conversations I had with an xfinity customer service person they told me that I had to get my ex to call and give his consent to transfer my $%%^^&^$%^%$@comcast.net email account over to my xfinity account I have now- which within 30 minutes he called up and did the dance of "releasing" the email account over to me. I then received a phone call telling me that he had given his consent and it would be working within an hour. As you can see we are way past an hour and yet it is still not fixed. I have important emails that come to that account and would really like for it to be fixed like YESTERDAY!

Email Expert

Re: Transferring my email account

I'm going to escalate this to the forum administrator, so we can get someone else to look at your account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Admin1

Re: Transferring my email account

Hi tickerl21 -- Apologies for the issues getting this email account back. I can help with that. Can you send me that email address in a private message please?

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon