Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Transferring Folders and emails from one Comcast email account to a new Comcast email address account?

New Poster

Transferring Folders and emails from one Comcast email account to a new Comcast email address account?

I had to change a Comcast email address to a new Comcast address. I have many emails and folders for reference and personal I need to save to newer address. 

Any and all solutions and/or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Email Expert

Re: Transferring Folders and emails from one Comcast email account to a new Comcast email address account?

Can you clarify------are you saying you moved to a new service address and canceled the Comcast service at the old one?  Or do you mean you changed your user ID, or that you want to move messages from a primary to a secondary account or what?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Transferring Folders and emails from one Comcast email account to a new Comcast email address account?

Hi Latoque;

To clarify I had to change my email addr as I had to move and personal status changes! I have had the same email with comcast for over 11 years, and still with comcast.  They would not allow me to maintain the email addr so I added two numbers and nothing else changed. Since my X-wife moved the accountto her new apt and allowed me stay on and use my original addr. Now the original addr will be deleted and as I have used it for many important email exchanges. I saved the on es I needed to keep in my folders on my computer! Now I need to move them to folders in the other address. 

I have way too many emails to forward each one and I would like to know if there is a better way to move them from original addr to the newer comcast addr?? (Sorry for the long explanation it is confusing!).

Thank you.

Ed

Email Expert

There is a way to transfer folders to another account, but it's a bit involved.  Look at this post from CCCarole and see if it's what you need---------------------

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Export-emails-from-Comcast-server/td-p/...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon