Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Thunderbird e-mail

ANSWERED
New Poster

Thunderbird e-mail

New to Comcast, I am trying to configure Mozilla Thunderbird to use in Comcast e-mail, much as I used it in Verizon e-mail earlier.

It's not hard to follow all the directions, but when I click"re-test" near the end, the two 'Authentication' entries revert from "autodetect" to "Normal password".

Two questions arise:

1) Will the use of 'normal password' mean anything more than a requirement to login before I receive and (again) before I sed any mail? and

2) Does the automatic change of authentication entries mean something is fishy with the program?

Thanks for any interest or suggestions; answers would be most appreciated, and right answers may be beyond my capacity to deal.

Accepted Solution

Re: Thunderbird e-mail

@andrewholliday wrote:

New to Comcast, I am trying to configure Mozilla Thunderbird to use in Comcast e-mail, much as I used it in Verizon e-mail earlier.

It's not hard to follow all the directions, but when I click"re-test" near the end, the two 'Authentication' entries revert from "autodetect" to "Normal password".

Two questions arise:

1) Will the use of 'normal password' mean anything more than a requirement to login before I receive and (again) before I sed any mail? and

2) Does the automatic change of authentication entries mean something is fishy with the program?

Thanks for any interest or suggestions; answers would be most appreciated, and right answers may be beyond my capacity to deal.

Nothing is fishy with the program.  Enter your password [Normal password] and Thunderbird will ask if you want to save it so you won't have to enter it again.

View answer in context
Tags (2)
Service Expert

@andrewholliday wrote:

Two questions arise:

Nothing is fishy with the program.  Enter your password [Normal password] and Thunderbird will ask if you want to save it so you won't have to enter it again.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks for the reply.  I boldly went where I had not gone before and assumed it was all OK (after checking some more sources).  Ignoring it, it seems to work just fine.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation