Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Syncing comcast email with iMac and iPhone 5s

New Poster

Syncing comcast email with iMac and iPhone 5s

I recently got an iMac, and I was told that I could sync my comcast email between the iMac and my iPhone using iMap.  Is this true, and if so, how do I go about doing it?

I want the comcast email to work seemlessly between devices as the apple email does (automatically).  It's very frustrating, redundant, and time consuming to have to delete emails separately from both devices.

Official Employee

Re: Syncing comcast email with iMac and iPhone 5s

Hello,

I understand that you want to synchronize your emails accross all of your devices. 

I suggest that you can switch your email to IMAP. Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) allows users to access email from any device, as long as you have the username and password. With IMAP, the email is saved on the server and you have access to some basic information about every email in your Inbox. When you want to see and interact with the email, the email is temporarily downloaded but not really stored on the machine you are using. If you delete an email to one device, it will automatically reflect it on your second device.

To sign up for the COMCAST IMAP migration just click on this link;https://xcsignup.comcast.net/onboardingapps/imap 

After 24 hours from signing up you will receive an email confirmation that your account has been migrated and your account is ready for IMAP configuration.

I hope this helps.

Kgrds,

Queen

Comcast Silicon Valley

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I've been out of town and just got back to try this.  I hope it works!

New Poster

I used the posted link, and a message came up that my devices were synced, but they definately are not!  To be clear; I want to be able to delete email from my phone (or computer), and be done with it.  Instead, I have to do the process twice (well, unless I'm using my apple email account, which works beautifully).  Maybe I should just dump the comcast account and be done with it.

Official Employee

iOS devices use POP protocol for comcast.net email addresses. The following link can walk you through on how to use IMAP for comcast.net email address. We are actively working with Apple to simplify this going foward but in the meantime, you can use these instructions.

http://www.tuaw.com/2013/11/18/how-to-set-up-comcast-imap-email-on-ios-7-os-x-mavericks/

Please note that you don't need to request IMAP access anymore. All our accounts have been enabled for IMAP.

Regads,

XFINITY Connect Team

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Syncing comcast email with iMac and iPhone and iPad

Will this process keep all aspects of my comcast mail in sync on all devices (deleted, new emails sent, drafts, folders, etc)? 

Are there any updated instructions for doing this? The help article you linked to is over 14 months old and some instructions and screens, etc are not current, as Apple keeps improving and Comcast is stagnant. 

Since it is no longer necessary to request IMAP, could you please provide current help on doing this? Or at least revise this article and repost for current requirements.

For years, I have inquired about this fix and Comcast reps have said it is being worked on. I have been patient for far too long and Comcast has not caught up to speed with these problems. It is very frustrating to work with such redundancy, high duplicate volume of email and inability to locate files in folders.

Is Comcast actively working on this problem? Is there any hope this will ever be seemless? If not, this may result in no longer needing Comcast. 

I would like to know the most current method to accomplish syncing with OS X Yosemite 10 and iOS 8.1.2.

Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Syncing comcast email with iMac and iPhone and iPad

Hello LizzyTizzy,

We suggest the use of IMAP if you have multiple devices that you wish to be synchronized, it includes deleting emails, moving emails to a different folder, adding folders, etc.

Your devices are both updated and they are set to automatically detect IMAP settings. Comcast emails are now IMAP compatible. Just add the email account on your device and it will intelligently detect the IMAP servers/settings.

For checking purposes, here are the IMAP email server settings:

INCOMING SERVER

Server/Hostname: imap.comcast.net

Port: 993

OUTGOING SERVER

Server/Hostname: smtp.comcast.net

Port: 465

**Make sure that SSL is selected on both incoming and outgoing

Regards,

Queen

Comcast Silicon Valley

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Your message says that you are actively working with Apple to simplify this process.  Have you completed this and are there updated instructions on how to sync comcast.net email addressed between Apple devices?  Thanks.

Email Expert

jonesswahn wrote:

Your message says that you are actively working with Apple to simplify this process.  Have you completed this and are there updated instructions on how to sync comcast.net email addressed between Apple devices?  Thanks.

Comcast email is now IMAP compliant by default.  When you enable the account on an iOS device it will auto-configure it for you using the correct settings.  Mac Mail do the same now I think.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon