Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Sync email acrossiMac, iPad Air, iPhone.

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Sync email acrossiMac, iPad Air, iPhone.

As I am active on several boards, I get a lot of email every day. I'm losing control of my time trying to maintain my comcast.net email account on each one of these. Just deleting email takes quite a bit of time each day. I welcome and appreciate any information on how to perform a function on one of these that also shows up on the other two.

Accepted Solution

Re: Sync email acrossiMac, iPad Air, iPhone.

Jackie,

On your iMac go to Mail>Preferences...>Accounts>Comcast>Mailbox Behaviors, and make the following selections:

Screen Shot.png

Depending upon the amount of Junk mail you receive, you may want to use a different setting for Junk.

Then on each one of your devices go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Accounts>Comcast (Mail)>Account>yourname@comcast.net>Advanced>Move Discarded Messages Into: Deleted Mailbox ✓ Then touch <Account and Done.

View answer in context
Regular Contributor

Jackie,

On your iMac go to Mail>Preferences...>Accounts>Comcast>Mailbox Behaviors, and make the following selections:

Screen Shot.png

Depending upon the amount of Junk mail you receive, you may want to use a different setting for Junk.

Then on each one of your devices go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Accounts>Comcast (Mail)>Account>yourname@comcast.net>Advanced>Move Discarded Messages Into: Deleted Mailbox ✓ Then touch <Account and Done.

Regular Visitor

I really appreciate this assistance, the clarity of the instructions and the accuracy of the advice. It appears to be working across all 3 devices. Thank you so much.

Regular Contributor

You are welcome...glad to help.