Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Suddenly can't send e-mails on Mac or iPhone.

New Poster

Suddenly can't send e-mails on Mac or iPhone.

I recently changed my password and now I can't send my Comcast e-mails on my Mac.  But I'm receiving e-mails just fine.  Help.

Email Expert

Re: Suddenly can't send e-mails on Mac or iPhone.

In iOS, you need to set the password in two places------for the incoming server, and then again for the outgoing SMTP server. Did you do that? If not, to change it for the SMTP server;

go to "Settings" on the home screen, then scroll down to" Mail, Contacts, Calendars", click on the account, and then on the next screen tap the "account" again. Scroll down to "SMTP" and tap that. Then tap "smtp.comcast.net". On the next screen, you will see the password. Change it and then tap "Done" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

On the Mac, you have to change it for the outgoing server too.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you so much for your response.  As far as I can tell, there is no place to input a (second) password for outgoing server.  I have looked on my both my Mac and my iphone.  Any other ideas?

Email Expert

What version of OS X are you running?  For the phone, did you follow the path I posted upthread?  What version of iOS do you have?  In iOS-11 the path is a little different than previous iterations.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Email Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Crisis over.  Using your advice, just kept clicking around on both my Mac and Iphone and finally got both functions to work.  Thank you!!!  The answer IS putting in the password for both, but you have to do it differently for Outgoing on both devices, and for some reason, it's not so obvious, especially for not as technologically advanced people like me.  Anyhoo, all set.  Thank you!

Email Expert

KateMag wrote:

Crisis over.  Using your advice, just kept clicking around on both my Mac and Iphone and finally got both functions to work.  Thank you!!!  The answer IS putting in the password for both, but you have to do it differently for Outgoing on both devices, and for some reason, it's not so obvious, especially for not as technologically advanced people like me.  Anyhoo, all set.  Thank you!

I had to move your other post to a private area because it had your email address in it.  But as for the phone, I had asked you what version of iOS you are using because in iOS-11 the path is different than in previous versions.  And no, Apple doesn't make changing the smtp server password easy or obvious.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation