Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Steam not displaying properly

New Poster

Steam not displaying properly

Since switching from Charter Spectrum to Xfinity, I have been quite happy with the Internet service so far..  But, I have come across one issue with the Steam software that I cannot seem to get fixed for the life of me.  The store page, profile pages, and pretty much all the sub-menus will only display text and will not display any graphics and/or pictures as Steam is supposed to.  This has only started since I started my xfinity internet service.  I am using the xfinity XB3 (Arris TG1682G) modem/router, if this helps at all.  

Now, if I go into Steam > Settings > Web Browser and click the "Delete Web Browser Cache" button, it does work again.. at least until I exit and restart Steam.  Then it goes right back to the text only issues.   

Here are some pics for reference to show you exactly what I am seeing on my end with Steam.  

2017-12-21 (2).png2017-12-21 (4).png

Hopefully someone can assist me in getting this fixed..  Smiley Wink

Official Employee

Re: Steam not displaying properly

Hi Antykain,

Sorry for the delayed response. You may have to contact technical support for Steam in order to get directions on how to change your settings. Unfortunately, this isn't something that we can fix on our end. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

The problem is not with Steam client because when i connect to the internet using my cell phone's 4g Personal hotspot, the i can connect to  Steampoweredgames.com. no problem. So its a comcast issue not allowing its customers have access to STEAM client and Steam website.   Please forward this issue to everyone and help each other solve this problem for your customers.  Thank you and have a great new year. 

Official Employee

Hello CKX, do you have an issue streaming from the "Steampoweredgames.com" site only or do you have the same problem on all streaming sites? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Issue has been resolved..

It was actually a problem with Windows 10 Pro.   I am part of the Insider Preview program for Windows 10, basically a beta tester for new, upcoming features for Windows 10.  One of the Win10 Insider Preview builds was causing the issue with the Steam client and the webpage.  Shortly after posting the issue I was having, there was a updated Insider Preview build (17083) and the problem I was having is now gone.. at least on my end.  

I do appreciate the feedback though..  Smiley Wink

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation