New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Steam and other programs/webpages are not loading correctly

ANSWERED
New Poster

Steam and other programs/webpages are not loading correctly

I recently ran into an issue with the gaming program Steam which doesn't allow me to access the community, profile, or store.  I thought this was just a bug on my client but i tried loading up the steam store on my actual web browser and it did the same thing.  I have no problem loading up my library and updating games in the client so i know internet is getting through to it but not being able to access the store means that i am no longer able to purchase or download new games.  After trying to fix it for about 2 days i decided to just let it do it's thing and hopefully it would go back to normal but i am now running into another issue with a completely different program.  I use a program called Championify that loads champion builds in the game League of Legends and this program is updated about once a month or so.  I launched it today to find out that it is also running into an issue with my internet being the problem.  This was working perfectly fine up until this point so i'm not sure what happened since i haven't changed anything.  The error that comes up when trying to update Championify is, Hostname/IP doesn't match certificate's altnames: "Host: github-production-release-asset-2e65be.s3.amazonnaws.com. is not the cert's altnames: DNS:low-xdns.xfinity.com, DNS:www.low-xdns.xfinity.com"

I haven't been able to do any browsing on steam and i haven't been able to update my builds in League of Legends.  This is quite annoying as is and honestly it wouldn't be hard to live without it but seeing how it's not just steam but Championify as well there are bound to be more things that this issue will happen with.  This same type of error came up on my phone a couple of days ago as well but i can't remember what i was doing at the time unfortunantly.

Screenshots for what steam pages look like

Steam Client: http://imgur.com/PLqsUfz

Steam Store in Web browser: http://imgur.com/WD9D5KH

Accepted Solution

Re: Steam and other programs/webpages are not loading correctly

I have been having the same problem.

Both the steam app and web work again when I turn off "Protected Browsing"?

So right now, I basically turn it off when I want to use Steam. But I turn it on after that, since my daughter likes to try mods on Minecraft and Roblox, and I frequently endup having to remove a malware or two on the PC afterwhile. But them, Steam stops working loading properly.

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

I have been having the same problem.

Both the steam app and web work again when I turn off "Protected Browsing"?

So right now, I basically turn it off when I want to use Steam. But I turn it on after that, since my daughter likes to try mods on Minecraft and Roblox, and I frequently endup having to remove a malware or two on the PC afterwhile. But them, Steam stops working loading properly.

Official Employee

Great suggestion Amyga.

@xXBlacklistXx, have you tried to turn off "Protected Browsing" to see if it helps? 

Please let me know, I'd like to assist further if need be. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon