Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Steam Store Not Loading Correctly

New Poster

Steam Store Not Loading Correctly

About a week ago, I started to have loading issues with store.Steampowered.com loading correctly. None of the images will loal, it is only text and most of the links don't work at all.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled Steam, cleared cache in both the Steam Client and my web-brower, tried the portforwarding setting, looked up and followed all the suggested troubleshooting tips, tried two other web-browers, removed my virus scanner and deactivated the firewall on the gateway. 

I know it is an issued with Comcast, because if I use my phone to go the store.Steampowered.com, I have not issue seeing the page.

New Poster

Re: Steam Store Not Loading Correctly

I just noticed the same issue today.  I was on the phone with a comcast rep and he coud not figure it out.  Irronically, I can access the same webpage through my Verizon Hot Spot and Verizon Cell Phone.  So I'm certain the issue is perhaps on the comcast DNS side.

New Poster

Re: Steam Store Not Loading Correctly

Ok.  Found a solution on another thread.  Try turning off "Protected Browsing" through Xfi.  This worked for me.  For some reason the Steam Store is blocked.