Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Steam Browser

New Poster

Steam Browser

Hello,

Recently I have been having trouble with my steam launcher and the steam website. It has been appearing looking like HTML coding that hasn't loaded fully(attached picture). I have uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared web browser cache, restarted my router, etc. I have found out that my internet is the reason for it, but I do not know what is blocking it from loading. I've gone through all settings in Xfinity Xfi programs. If anyone could help to fix this. Its been going on for awhle now. 

Untitled.png
New Poster

Re: Steam Browser

I’ve had the same issue. Xfinity has a feature called “Protected Browsing” which is blocking Steam. You can turn off the feature to get around the problem.
The main issue is that the web server at http://store.edgecast.steamstatic.com/ which serves the stylesheets and images is being blocked. That’s why the page does not load properly.
If someone at Comcast could unblock that server I’d appreciate it.
New Poster

I have the same problem
New Poster

If this could be solved that’d be great!
New Poster

I am having the same issue and it's been driving me nuts! Please fix this issue!

New Poster

Figured out the issue. They recently did an update to Xfinity XFi and it re-set everyone's Protected Browsing to ON.

To turn this off, Log into your Xfinity Account.

Click on the "WiFi" symbol at the top right of the page near your name. (Or go to https://internet.xfinity.com)

Then click on "More". (Or https://internet.xfinity.com/more)

Then under "Security Settings" turn "Protected Browsing" to OFF.

This fixed this issue for me and my Steam Store page is now working properly.

Hope this helps!

Contributor

This fixed it for me, but I have a question. Does turning this setting to "off" endanger the computer? I do have Norton installed and update it regularly. But I wondered if changing this for one site or two is worth it with all the hacking that is going on. I am savvy enough not to open email from someone I don't know at all. And was this set differently before the update from Comcast? Thanks!
New Poster

that fixed it!

Frequent Visitor

I did this and it worked but as of 01/11/2018 it's back to not working and the Protected Browsing is off? Anyone else? or what is the fix now???

New Poster

This just happened to us tonight! I am incredibly frustrated. We are starting spring break, and want to play. My kids can't access their Steam or Hulu (which my kid pays for by himself. He's 15!) yet I am getting billed for going over our one TB every month. I am over data now, being charged to not have access to my accounts.
I checked out browsing and it is off. How does this get fixed?!
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation