Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Spamm

Frequent Visitor

Spamm

After over 10 years of Comcast Internet, I have never ever received Spamm untill today.  This morning I was spammed 3 times what has changed with your system and/or filters?

Email Expert

Re: Spamm

Spam happens despite anyone's best efforts.  I don't get spam in my Comcast accouts either, but if a few get past the filters once in a while it certainly wouldn't surprise me.  If a Junk mail gets into your Inbox just mark it as Spam, and make sure you still have the Spam filters turned on in your Preferences at "My Account".  To check-----------

Sign in to your account, and then click on either Account or My Account at the top of the page. It will ask you to sign in again. That will take you to a page with tabs at the top. The one to the right is "Users and Preferences". Click on that, and it will open a page with Basic and Email settings. Click on Email settings, and look down the page to Spam Filter. Click on the greyed out button to the right to turn it on if it's not already on.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Spam has gotten worse since talking to the techs at Comcast,  almost enough to make me seriously think about switching to FIOS at Verison

Email Expert

You may find this article interesting on the subject of spam email-------------

http://ask-leo.com/im_drowning_in_spam_what_can_i_do.html

You have options but understand that spam tends to run in cycles.  There is no way to know why some people get a lot of spam and others on the same system get little or none.  I rarely get any in my Comcast accounts, nor have I had the problem with my iCloud, Gmail, or MSN accounts.  On the other hand, my Yahoo account gets truckloads of junk thrown at it.  Fortunately their filters work well and they catch most of it.  But every other day or so I'll have to sort through a hundred or more in the Spam filter to make sure I don't delete a legitimate email.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much, I'll clear it first then do as you suggest.