Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Spam filtering

Frequent Visitor

Spam filtering

I have been a Comcast customer for years and I have had several problems with the spam filter for years.

1. Filter not effective. The same spam gets through the filter day after day and it doesn't       learn when I flag it as spam. It still gets through.

2. When I get two copies of the exact same email newsletter one gets flagged as spam and the other does not. day after day.

3. Comcast obviously has a "Pre-filter" that stops mail from even getting to my account as when I subscribe to a newsletter and they send a confirmation email and I never get it but when I use my gmail account I get it. The one to a Comcast address got filtered out somehow!

4. Now two of my newsletters are getting bounced "before" getting to my account and flagged as spam and my newsletter is canceled but I never see tnem. Newsletters I have been getting for years with no problem but in the last month have been getting blocked.

I wish Comcast would let us users create a Whitelist and a Blacklist for our emai spam filters and would stop blocking/bouncing mail before I can have control or even see it.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Spam filtering

Call the Security Assurrance Department for help with this.
The Customer Security Assurance organization is here to help you have a safe and secure online experience. This dedicated group of security professionals responds to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected PCs (commonly referred to as "bots"), online fraud and other security issues.
Business Hours: 6:00am – 2:00am EST 7 days a week

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Spam filtering

I have Comcast Blast internet. Windows 7 Pro  X 64 and use Ootlook 2010 for email.

My browser is Pale Moon (exactly like Firefox). I use Ccleaner daily at shutdown.

My problems are as stated above. The server Spam filter sucks, does not learn what is spam and what is not. The Pre-spam filer is blocking email that I want and bouncing it back causing me to be dropped from email lists and I have no way to even see what is blocked or tell it not to block an email address.

I talked to a support tech yesterday and she has had similar problems and heard other ueears with similar problems but she could find no way to contact the department that could answer my qu;estions and address my problem.

I will try the phone # you gave and see if they can fix my problems. Thank you for your help...