Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Spam filtering.....recent increase in spam

Frequent Visitor

Spam filtering.....recent increase in spam

Has anyone else started getting a signinficant increase in spam??   It seems like something must have happened on the email server end to allow spam to pass thru to my (our?) inboxes, on Thunderbird in my case as well as the webmail account.   The increase has been noticeable in the last week or two.....today I had at least 10 messages.   This has NEVER been an issue before as Comast seemingly had strong spam filters.......something has happened!!

Could we get tech support to research this......it's not my imagination and I haven 't changed any internal email settings.

Input please.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Spam filtering.....recent increase in spam

krellboy wrote:

Has anyone else started getting a signinficant increase in spam??   It seems like something must have happened on the email server end to allow spam to pass thru to my (our?) inboxes, on Thunderbird in my case as well as the webmail account.   The increase has been noticeable in the last week or two.....today I had at least 10 messages.   This has NEVER been an issue before as Comast seemingly had strong spam filters.......something has happened!!

Could we get tech support to research this......it's not my imagination and I haven 't changed any internal email settings.

Input please.

krellboy-

You should have seen an improvement early last week.   Is it still bad?  If so, are you reporting them to us?

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Spam filtering.....recent increase in spam

Hi Dave 

Thanks for the response......from which I conclude something had happened and has been recognized.

If you mean "reporting" do you mean marking the message as "spam"......if so I have been doing that.  I've done this on webmail directly to the server.....for a few days and yesterday and today I've just tried doing this on Thunderbird.....which is set as IMAP, so presumably your system recognizes these as spam as well.

I haven't seen a decrease in the spam in the last few days.....maybe even seems like more is getting thru.   Eventually, Thunderbird can catch some of these and automatically handle them but what was really great about Comcast email was the strong spam filtering.....bad stuff NEVER showed up before.

Please let me know if there is more I can do on my end......as you know it's just a nusiance.