Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Sorting emails by sender etc

New Poster

Sorting emails by sender etc

Why can't I sort email by sender, topic etc any more?  It just flips between oldest and newest emails, no other options

Expert

Re: Sorting emails by sender etc

Assuming you are in the new email format, on the Inbox page click on "Sort by" at the top of the message list and you should see this-------------

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 7.10.35 AM.jpg

Frequent Visitor

If the "Conversations" option is selected then sorting by other options except for "Date" is not observed. It appears necessary to first clear the "Conversations" option, then select whatever option by which you want to sort, except not "Conversations".

New Poster

how do you clear the conversations  I can sort by every catagory except from  I have it on conversations with the message 77 conversations to the right in italics

how do you clear it

Expert

When you click on "Sort by", Conversations should be the last choice you see in the list of options.

New Poster

Sorting emails by date

Expert

Margie_Baker wrote:

Sorting emails by date

If you look at the screenshot I posted upthread you will see the option to sort by date.

New Poster

Availability of the option to sort by sender is inconsistent/intermittent. Sometimes the option's available and, during the same session, sometimes it's not. Comcast issue; they keep changing email without ensuring that the change is functional beyond access to email..