Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Sizing photographs in e-mails

New Poster

Sizing photographs in e-mails

How do I reduce the size of pictures in my e-mails?  They're too big to see.  I used Outlook until I was forced to change to Xfinity Connect, and resizing was simply a matter of going to View Source and changing the dimension specifications for each pictures.  I'm currently using the full version of Xfinity Connect on Windows 7 and Explorer.

Email Expert

Re: Sizing photographs in e-mails

As part of Windows 7 do you have Microsoft Paint on your computer?  You can use that to resize images.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I do not have Microsoft Paint.  Is there no way to reduce the size of a photograph in the e-mail program?  It seems that every "improvement" Microsoft makes takes away something most people need and want, and the only solution offered is to buy additional software.   Can anyone say monopoly?

Service Expert

Si_Brchallenged wrote:

I do not have Microsoft Paint.  Is there no way to reduce the size of a photograph in the e-mail program?  It seems that every "improvement" Microsoft makes takes away something most people need and want, and the only solution offered is to buy additional software.   Can anyone say monopoly?

In Windows 7, PAINT is located within the Accessories Folder and is included with all version of Windows 7....  another possibility is Microsoft Office Picture Manager if you have Office installed on the desktop or have an Office subscription.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Si_Brchallenged wrote:

How do I reduce the size of pictures in my e-mails?  They're too big to see.  I used Outlook until I was forced to change to Xfinity Connect, and resizing was simply a matter of going to View Source and changing the dimension specifications for each pictures.  I'm currently using the full version of Xfinity Connect on Windows 7 and Explorer.

This statement makes no sense.  You can use any email client with Xfinity Connect, including Outlook [different from Outlook.com].  Can you elaborate on this?  I know you could do this in Outlook Express, which I did until OE6 support was discontinued.

For image resizing from Windows Explorer you can download and install Image Resizer from Codeplex, which is a Power Toy clone for Windows, or VSO Image Resizer.  And, although I have never worked with it, Windows Live Mail 2012 also gives you the ability to resize images in a manner very similar to Outllok Express.

Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon

Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon