Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Shortcut to email

Frequent Visitor

Shortcut to email

In the past I could have a shortcut on desktop that would take me directly to my email. I now have to go to xfinity home page and then to email icon on that page to get there. No matter what I do, I cannot go directly to email. When I create a shortcut it will work temporarily, but only come up minimized and one I shut down or leave xfinity website, It will no longer go to email. Reverts back to xfinity homepage.

Started after new updated site for xfinity was released. inconvenient. May have to go back to microsoft email. Ugh!

Anybody know if this will be fixed or am I stuck with it?

Valued Contributor

Re: Shortcut to email

This works for me on a Windows 10 laptop, Firefox browser.

Sign into your email, be sure to check the "stay signed in" box. Set a shortcut/bookmark/favorite for https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&folder=default0/INBOX. Make sure you browser's cookie settings are not set to clear cookies when the browser is closed. As long as you don't click the Sign Out link, you should be able to go directly to your inbox using the shortcut. Note that the stay signed in feature is only good for 30 days, so you'll have to sign in again at least that often.

Frequent Visitor

Have tried that several times and does not solve the problem. Still does as I described. Soon as I turn off my pc it reverts back to a minimized screen and goes to xfinity homepage.

Service Expert

bobnjudy1 wrote:

Have tried that several times and does not solve the problem. Still does as I described. Soon as I turn off my pc it reverts back to a minimized screen and goes to xfinity homepage.

Try deleting the cookie for the webmail page.  Close your browser and then reopen it and then sign in to webmail.  Your cookie for webmail should reset.  If your cookies are set to clear when you close your browser you will continue to have a problem.

I have a browser bookmark for the webmail page instead of using a desktop shortcut.  [I don't use my desktop at all; all of my icons are hidden by choice.]

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon