Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Shellypitts -------Please Read

Email Expert

Shellypitts -------Please Read

Your post contained personal information and was removed to a secure location. These are public forums, and you should never post account numbers, street addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, your full name, or anything else personally identifiable to you. Spammers and hackers can easily harvest that information. Your post is below with the information redacted or removed. Please read the forum guidelines for posting————————-

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Shellypitts wrote:

This morning I was trying to change the user name, which I thought was just the name on the account (my husband's name was showing up and not mine).  It said nothing about changing your email address.  But when I changed it, it changed my complete email address and now I can't receive/send emails.  I have used this email for many, many years and I DO NOT want to change this.  I need someone to get me back my prior email address immediately as I use this for work and urgent matters.  I have tried everthing on my end.  I called Comcast this morning and they seem to not be able to help me either.  This was a simple, very simple mistake.  If I could change it that easily this morning, I do not know why I can't change it back so easily.  My address that I need back is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  My new one that I no longer want is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  Please, I need this resolved immediately.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: email address changed - URGENT

Immediately call 1-800 comcast and tell the Rep what you did.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Re: email address changed - URGENT

I have done that and gave all the info and no one has called me back yet.  It seems like such a trivial issue that wouldn't be a problem to change back.  Can you help me online?