New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Sharing a Contact Group from my Address Book

ANSWERED
New Poster

Sharing a Contact Group from my Address Book

Is there a way to share a contact group from my address book with another Comcast user.  Our community band director has Comcast and asked me to set up address book group with the 50+ members name's and e-mail address.  I would like to be able to create the contact group on my computer a Mac and somehow migrate the group to his home computer a PC.

Accepted Solution

Re: Sharing a Contact Group from my Address Book

waynemac3 wrote:

Is there a way to share a contact group from my address book with another Comcast user.  Our community band director has Comcast and asked me to set up address book group with the 50+ members name's and e-mail address.  I would like to be able to create the contact group on my computer a Mac and somehow migrate the group to his home computer a PC.

You can export your address book - which will include the group definition to a CSV file - via Preferences>Address Book and send that CSV to your friend.

Then he can edit the CSV file to remove all but the group definition and then import in the CSV to add the group.  

I have found making the groups that I define start with a special character (I use a $ sign) floats them to the top of the address book - which will make them first in the exported CSV file.

JR

View answer in context
Tags (2)
Email Expert

waynemac3 wrote:

You can export your address book - which will include the group definition to a CSV file - via Preferences>Address Book and send that CSV to your friend.

Then he can edit the CSV file to remove all but the group definition and then import in the CSV to add the group.  

I have found making the groups that I define start with a special character (I use a $ sign) floats them to the top of the address book - which will make them first in the exported CSV file.

JR

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks, JR.  I'll give it a try.

Frequent Visitor

When I export my address book from Comcast Xfinity, the exported file does not seem to contain any group information.  How can I export only a group or preserve the group definitions in a .csv file so that I may use this contact information in another email program?  I have renamed my group with a $ in the front, but I can't see any groups at all.