Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Setting a new Standard Font and Font Size

Contributor

Setting a new Standard Font and Font Size

I am using the Comcast e-mail app in a Windows 10 environment with Google Chrome browser.  I want to change to a new standard font and font size, so I've gone to the 'gear' at the top right of the pane to change the settings.  I enter my desired font (Arial) and font size (12 pt), then close the settings.  But they keep reverting to a default font (Helvetica 12).

I had a 'chat' session with a Comcast tech support person yesterday, which was a total waste of time.  First, he told me to go to the 'gear' window and make the changes I mentioned above, but I told him the changes would not 'stick', it kept reverting to the default font and font size in the e-mail app and would not accept my desired settings.  Then he told me to go into my Google Chrome settings and re-set them to default......No Way!  This changed all sorts of things, including my home page, my browser preference (Chrome, not Firefox) and my preferred search engine (Google, not Microsoft).  After 40 minutes, I gave up.

There must be a way to set a new default font and font size that will show up any time I open a new 'Compose' window......if anyone has been able to do this, I would appreciate hearing from you.

billvonr

Email Expert

Re: Setting a new Standard Font and Font Size

This appears to be a new issue with the new email format.  I've seen a couple of others in the forum with the same issue.  But it's not just Chrome;  I can't get it to work in Safari either.  There was a Comcast OE in here who was going to look into it.  So for the time being in the webmail UI you have to make any change in the Compose page on a per-message basis.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Wondering when Comcast will get it right!  Preferred set font and size does not hold on e mail preferences.

Email Expert

The best way to get around such quirks in the webmail is to enable the account in a desktop email client like Outlook or Thunderbird, or in another webmail account you might have that has a similar capability like Gmail, Outlook.com or Yahoo.  Then you can use their UI to access your Comcast account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation