Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Server down

Regular Visitor

Server down

When I check my email it keeps saying sever down. Anyone else habing this problem
Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Re: Server down

Just found another post releated to this. Thank you
Regular Contributor

dvhlee76 wrote:
When I check my email it keeps saying sever down. Anyone else habing this problem
Yes.. I can't access my text messages either. Email is "spotty". Sometimes I can access it, sometimes not. This is unrelated, ( I think) but I also just noticed I can't access my WiFi to turn it on or off. Actually, I can access it, but nothing happens when I click on anything. Jeez..it's always something!
Contributor

Here on the west coast... I've been having the same issue for the last hour and 20 minutes now. Seems wide spread.

Official Employee

Folks,

Sorry for the delay in posting.  We are aware of the issue and working on it.  The issue has impacted a relatively small number of servers, but while we work to resolve the issue some customers will be unable to access their email.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

ComcastJordan wrote:

Folks,

Sorry for the delay in posting.  We are aware of the issue and working on it.  The issue has impacted a relatively small number of servers, but while we work to resolve the issue some customers will be unable to access their email.

FYI, having this situation as well for the past few hours and I am in the Eastern time zone. Found I could get in by first going to through My Account. But no other email links on the main page seem to be working. When clicking on other links to email the header does not say connecting instead it shows with the XF notation that the link is "undefined."

Hope this is of help to you in determining how wide this problem is

New Poster

Comcast: I have not been able to receive emails on my secondary email address since 2pm EDT.

I called early afternoon and got nowhere with the tech on the phone. She did not have any information, just said "we will call you when we have resolved the issue" - 7 hours ago, nothing.

I have tried several computers, laptops, tablets and cell phones in my office, and all have the same results.

"Email access is currently unavailble due to maintenance" and "User name or password not recognized" and "can not sign in".

The issue is clearly at Comcast, not on any of my computers or devices.
I had to inform both Comcast Customer Service Techs to check if this is a large area outage.

They apparently do not see the big picture on their checklist screen.

The last Comcast Tech I spoke with a few minutes ago, finally confirmed that this is a Comcast issue that is affecting customers nationwide, not just my area in South Florida.

Comcast, Please keep your customers better informed on the status of their paid services and when they can expect this to be resolved. Some of us need reliable email for our business.

New Poster

Outlook error message:

Task ********@comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) :
'Your e-mail server rejected your login.
Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts.
The server responded: -ERR internal server error'

New Poster

yes

N/A

Thank you, my email has been down for the last 8 or more hours and apparently also at times yesterday. Can those emails that are affected be moved to a working server? Some friends and colleagues who emailed me got email notifications back that my account was not available and "delivery failed permanently". When things are working again will I receive the emails that were sent to me today?

New Poster

Email problem getting worse!

Now people sending me emails get this automated reply:

Undeliverable: test sent 11:20pm

System Administrator
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test sent 11:20pm
Sent: 10/28/2015 11:20 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'******@comcast.net' on 10/28/2015 11:20 PM
550 5.1.1 <******@comcast.net> recipient not available

New Poster

My email has been down since about 2pm EDT yesterday, 18 hours ago.
No updates at all from Comcast; text, phone call or email.
I can not receive any emails from my clients or governmental agencies.
Every time I call, I get someone outside the USA that does not know about the Comcast Email Server problem or the current status and it takes me more than 15 minutes to explain the problem and the history and wait for them to looks things up and then they have no answers, no advise, no help.

PLEASE inform your affected customers when this issues will be resolved.

Message received a backup email address:

We were unable to deliver an email to you.
We could not deliver a message or alert to one of your email addresses.
To confirm your email address, please sign on, go to Account Services, and select Update Contact Information (under the My Profile heading).
To receive account statements or tax documents online:
You must have a valid email address in order to receive your statements or tax documents online. If we cannot successfully deliver your notification that your documents are ready, we will have to send your paper notifications or documents via U.S. Mail.

Official Employee

This issue has now been resolved.  We apologize for the inconvenience this may have cause and are working to ensure this does not happen again.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

ComcastJordan wrote:

This issue has now been resolved.  We apologize for the inconvenience this may have cause and are working to ensure this does not happen again.

The only way I could open email was by switching from Firefox to Chrome. 

N/A

wd4r wrote:

My email has been down since about 2pm EDT yesterday, 18 hours ago.
No updates at all from Comcast; text, phone call or email.
I can not receive any emails from my clients or governmental agencies.
Every time I call, I get someone outside the USA that does not know about the Comcast Email Server problem or the current status and it takes me more than 15 minutes to explain the problem and the history and wait for them to looks things up and then they have no answers, no advise, no help.

PLEASE inform your affected customers when this issues will be resolved.

I agree. Everyone I talked to via chat and phone (both in the US and outside the US) had no idea that servers were down. They were polite, but they were not helpful. This was true after 1 hour and after 7 hours. Comcast/Xfinity needs to alert  customer service/help line staff that there is a problem, be specific about what it is and who is impacted, and tell them what you are doing about it. Your customers need to have that information. Our work depends on communication with our colleagues and clients. When your staff have no idea about why we can't log in to email and why our clients are getting "Undeliverable" responses when they email us, it gives the impression that the company has no idea they have a problem or how to fix it. Or that they don't really care. Think of it as PR, and crisis communication.

New Poster

My email is still not working, since 2pm yesterday.
Called Comcast again this morning, no timeline on resolution.

The Comcast agent escallated my issue, but said it was a nationwide problem and they are re-building the affected server.

Outlook on several computers can not sign in or send/recevie email..

My cell phone or tablet or laptop can not sign in or send/recevie emails.

Reset password yesterday - did not make a difference.

Just checked Xfinity on cell phone, accepts login, but Comcast message reads:

"Email access is currently unavailable due to maintenance. ..."

Just checked on comcast webmail 2pm Thursday 10-29-2015:
https://xfinityconnect.mail.comcast.net/

Email and voice mail are currently unavailable.

Some customers may experience problems accessing email and voicemail through the Xfinity Connect® Communications Center at this time. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Frequent Visitor

Sorry to inform you but the issue still persists for me and, I am sure, for countless others.  I have not received email since Wednesday afternoon.  I am remaining calm but this is a serious issue.  It perplexes me that national media (NBC) has not been alerted to this mess.  Oh never mind.  ComcastNBC would be the last media outlet to report on this issue.

New Poster

My Comcast email is still not working, after 2 days!
I have called 5 times, but the Comcast agent can not provide estimated time for service to be restored or any details.

They said they escalated my tickets, but no one has called or texted at all with any information.

The affected customers are kept in the dark!

What I have been told by Comcast agents is that an email server went down and it affects many Comcast customers nationwide, not just my area. 

But I can not find anything on the Comcast website with any information.

My business uses this Comcast email and my clients and Engineers are calling that their emails are boucing back.

I have had to set up a temporary email and inform each one of them.

Comcast, PLEASE keep your customers informed.

This affects more than casual emails. It hurts our business and our reputation.

When I tried again this morning, on all my computers, tablets, cell phones, Outlook, Chrome, Xfinity Connect - ALL are NOT able to send or receive emails.

Here is the only info I receive when trying to get my emails online:

https://xfinityconnect.mail.comcast.net/

Email and voice mail are currently unavailable.

Some customers may experience problems accessing email and voicemail through the Xfinity Connect® Communications Center at this time. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

When will this problem be resolved?

New Poster

The Comcast address I use for my business is still not working.

Comcast agent on phone right now has no information on when the service will be restored

She said she would contact "Comcast Email Tech-2".

Still waiting, but no updates, no estimated time, nothing.
All they tell me is that they have 2 open tickets and have escalated them.

PLEASE do something!
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 8:50 AM
To: ******
Subject: Undeliverable: test to comcast

Subject: test to comcast
Sent: 10/30/2015 8:50 AM

'******@comcast.net' on 10/30/2015 8:50 AM

Contributor

wd4r wrote:

The Comcast address I use for my business is still not working.

Comcast agent on phone right now has no information on when the service will be restored

She said she would contact "Comcast Email Tech-2".

Still waiting, but no updates, no estimated time, nothing.
All they tell me is that they have 2 open tickets and have escalated them.

PLEASE do something!
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 8:50 AM
To: ******
Subject: Undeliverable: test to comcast

Subject: test to comcast
Sent: 10/30/2015 8:50 AM

'******@comcast.net' on 10/30/2015 8:50 AM

There have been many customers that simply switched browsers or upadated their current ones. Here's another thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/No-e-mail/m-p/2631405#M296692

New Poster

Nope. Problem is not on my end.

It is a Comcast email server problem, which Comcast agents have all admitted.

I have tried different computers, MS Outlook, Gmail, Xfinity Connect App, Xfinity webmail using MS IE and Chrome, tablets and cell phones.

All of the Comcast Agents have confirmed that it is a Comcast email server issue.

My clients are all getting an automated reject message from the Comcast Server:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

******@comcast.net

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message,

but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain comcast.net by mx2.comcast.net. [2001:558:fe21:2a::6].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 <*******@comcast.net> recipient not available

Or:

Subject: test to Comcast sent 11:30am Oct 30
Sent: 10/30/2015 11:31 AM

'********@comcast.net' on 10/30/2015 11:31 AM
550 5.1.1 <*******@comcast.net> recipient not available

Nothing I can do on my end to fix this problem.

The last Comcast agent I spoke with today informed me that they have a Technician working on the server and it will take another 24-72 hours!

I was on hold for 1 hour 24 minutes after calling 800-Comcast to get transfered to a higher level department "Comcast Security Assurance". She was very nice, but still no fix, no results. She said they would call me back on Monday to see if the problem was fixed.

it has been 3 days and counting...

It may be time to look for another service provided that is more relaible and responsive to customers.

Official Employee

Folks,

If you are still experiencing an issue with Xfinity Connect webmail, please clear your browser cache, close the browser and re-open it.  

If you are still experiencing an issue using an email application, such as Outlook, you will need to close the application and re-open it.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Well after almost 2 full days of no email, I finally have email.  The last CS agent I spoke with simply re-synced my affected Comcast email account.  That was it.  He sent a test email from his end to my email account and to my amazement, I actually received it.  I suggest you try support once again and ask them to "re-sync" your email account.  Good luck and post your result.  By the way, although I have email service once again, I believe that any emails sent to me in the last 2 days of interrupted service,  are forever lost.

Contributor

Afbrat63 wrote:

Snip: "By the way, although I have email service once again, I believe that any emails sent to me in the last 2 days of interrupted service,  are forever lost."

I'm not 100% but pretty sure emails sent would either get bounced back or would mysteriously show up 24-72 hours later. At least that's what I experienced. I.e.., I was getting confirmations from UPS and amazon about "Your package was delivered or Your order is being processed" etc., several days after the delivery or order.

New Poster

Dear Comcast Jordan:

Please read my all of my posts on this forum.

The problem I am having is not just webmail, it is every device, browser, email client, cell phone and tablet App, etc.

The problem is with a Comcast email server.

Comcast Security Assurance Department and ALL of the Comcast agents I have spoken to in the last 3 days have confirmed that the problem is the Comcast server.

Please read my entire thread with all of the snapshots of rejected emails from the Comcast server.

Re-syncing, using other browsers or Apps, changing my password, etc. will not fix the problem.

Please see if you can contact Comcast Customer Service Tom K to expedite the server repairs.

I have already done so myself and will followup.

The last agent that called me back from Comcast USA, told me another 24-72 hours!

Gold Problem Solver

ComcastJordan wrote:

Folks,

If you are still experiencing an issue with Xfinity Connect webmail, please clear your browser cache, close the browser and re-open it.  

If you are still experiencing an issue using an email application, such as Outlook, you will need to close the application and re-open it.

How would that help a "5.1.1 recipient not available" error? What should customers do when senders get that response?

New Poster

I recevied a call from a high level Comcast Tech yesterday afternoon.
He was very nice and explained that somehow my affected email account *******@comcast.net was put is a "disabled " state by Comcast. 
He fixed the issue in a few minutes. 
He explained that the emails I did not receive from my clients and Engineers and contractors were automatically bounced back by the server and are not physically on the server.
I will have to ask all of my clients to resend their emails between Oct 28 to 30th.

It took me 3 days and a lot of my time and 8 phone calls, some lasting over an hour to Comcast, just to get a competent Tech to look at my account and notice that someone at Comcast had disabled one of my 4 email accounts for reasons unknown. 

If I would have treated any of my clients in this manner, I would be fired. 
My clients expect prompt customer service and attention to their projects and needs.

Now I have to appologize to all of them for this issue, for the delays and ask all of them to spend their time looking for emails that were bounced back from Comcast and resend them.

Comcast needs to investigate why this happened and assure that it will not happen again.

I am now looking into a more reliable and responsive email service for my business.

Good luck to all.

Frequent Visitor

Glad your email is finally back up and running.  I too lost out on emails for almost 2 days, and as I said yesterday, I fear those emails that were sent to me are forever lost.  Yesterday when I commented that my account was re-synced, it may well have been that my account was also "disabled".  The CS agent that assisted me either got lucky or he is one smart cookie when he re-synced my email account to get me back in service.  I hope Comcast sends out an internal technical bulletin to the large mass of CS agents detailing the fix.  I was amazed reading through some of the many forums that too many of the CS agents were not aware of any existing email problems.  I sincerely hope that Comcast learns from this, but chances are they probably will not.  Too big to fail or too big to care?  I really like my Comcast service but this was a nightmare that did not have to happen. 

New Poster

Nice to see that I can now look at and receive my email again.

What happened? (This is a question that seems to NEVER be answered; that's rude and frustrating to customers)

Now I have problems with my inbox: looks like a lot of messages I had stored there were restored recently, so their actual dates of receipt are current. Everything is NOT in proper chronological order.

On the up side, I've begun cleaning out my inbox from a ton of clutter I allowed to build up. On the down side, it appears the search function may not be working well or consistently. Or my older emails are still being restored.

I've run a few inbox searches for the same things on a couple of days, now. I thought the first time that ll of the messages applicable to that search had been properly deleted by me. But more messages come up.

Contributor

in Exeter NH -- been trying for a good while now