New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Serious problems with new Xfinity e-mail format

Highlighted
New Poster

Serious problems with new Xfinity e-mail format

Up until two weeks ago our e-mail and browsing were adequate.  Following the new email format installation, Comcast and Xfinity are barely useable.  This morning neither my husband nor I could log in from our home computers.  When we did the system was "slower than molasses" and I got bumped off.  We are constantly getting error messages such as "long script", "connection lost", etc.  This was never an issue before your changes to e-mail, so please do not respond that it is a problem from our end.  Monday, what used to take only 10 minutes took me two hours to complete reading, responding and managing my e-mail inbox, sent mail and folders!  This is terrible!  Please fix as soon as possible!

Contributor

Re: Serious problems with new Xfinity e-mail format

This is apparently a system wide problem today.  From California to Boston.

I'm outside of Boston and it's been un-loadable for about 3-4 hours.

I called they said they are aware and should be up in several hours.

The problem is longstanding and needs a real fix.

They need to spend money to hire real IT people to fix this consistant ongoing issue.  This is absurd in 2017.

Frequent Visitor

Ditto they need professional help

New Poster

Thank you for you reply!  As the saying goes, "misery loves company" and it's nice to know we are not the only ones pulling our hair out!  Tonight I cannot even get Comcast to open a New Mail option for me to create and send a new e-mail!    Arggghhhhhh!   I guess we will have to give up and go to gmail or something else!

New Poster

It's really hard to understand why in 2017 Comcast is unable to launch and support a new version of their e-mail without problems!!!!  It's been nearly unusable now for two weeks!   Hello Comcast, anybody home!?!

New Poster

You can no longer get an email notifications beep, and you cannot view an attachment you want to send in an email until after you have SENT IT.  A lot of good that does.  Hello?  Is anybody home around there?  Why do they try to fix something that was not broken.  This new format stinks