New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Sent emails are not being received

ANSWERED
New Poster

Sent emails are not being received

My mortgage company and I have been sending emails back and forth for a week.  I sent an email to him on Friday and another one on Sunday.  He called this morning and said he didn't receive them. So I sent it again and also copied my work email.  They never came through to my work or to the mortgage company.  They appear in my sent folder.  I go online and sign in at xfinity.com website. How can I see what is going on and fix this problem.

Accepted Solution

Re: Sent emails are not being received

Call Comcast security and ask them if there is a blocking issue with that domain------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Of course it may be that the issue is with the other domain, in which case your banker would have to talk to their IT person or system administrator.

View answer in context
Email Expert

Call Comcast security and ask them if there is a blocking issue with that domain------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Of course it may be that the issue is with the other domain, in which case your banker would have to talk to their IT person or system administrator.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

TXMomof02 wrote: ... They never came through to my work or to the mortgage company. ...

Be aware that if email you send is addressed to another ISP, and Comcast decides it's spam, they just throw it away. There's no bounce message, no notice to you, and no notice to the intended recipient. It's despicable, but that's what they do.

Email Expert

BruceW wrote:

TXMomof02 wrote: ... They never came through to my work or to the mortgage company. ...

Be aware that if email you send is addressed to another ISP, and Comcast decides it's spam, they just throw it away. There's no bounce message, no notice to you, and no notice to the intended recipient. It's despicable, but that's what they do.

Bruce, for everyone's edification, do you know if they do that with any email provider like Gmail or Yahoo;  or is it only if the email is sent to an email address at another ISP?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Latoque wrote: ... do you know if they do that with any email provider like Gmail or Yahoo ...

I mostly use Yahoo to send email and have not see them do this. Gmail I have not used much. Comcast is the only outfit I know of that throws suspected spam away without notice when it's headed off their network, but there may be others.

There shouldn't be any. IMHO when an ISP kills your outbound mail (especially an ISP that you are PAYING), it owes it to you to let you know that.