Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Sender email rejected by server

Regular Visitor

Sender email rejected by server

Me outgoing email on my iPhone is being rejected. There were no changes to my account. I've verified everything in the settings, included spelling of address and password, made certain that the server is "on" and that SSL is "on". I rebooted my phone, I deleted the account and re-installed. I'm out of ideas.
Regular Visitor

Re: Sender email rejected by server

After all of my attempts to fix this, Comcast detected unauthorized use (probably from my re-loading the account onto my phone so many times), and I had to re-set my password, which took 45 minutes via Chat). In any event, now after re-loading my account into my phone, even though ever step received "verified", I am getting an error message that my username or password on the outgoing mail server is invalid. HELP!
Email Expert

One thing to check------did you change the password in both the incoming and outgoing smtp servers?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Checked everything I've read about in the posts about this (they go back to 2008!). Username, password, SMTP port, SSL, I'm at a loss.
Email Expert

Maybe I didn't ask clearly enough--------did you change the password in two places----once for the incoming server, and then again for the outgoing smtp server?  I have an iPhone and I'm not having any issues with the Comcast account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Yes, all passwords were changed. I fact, the servers "verified" when I re-loaded. I don't think it's a widespread issue, it happens periodically to people.