Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Secondary email migrated to new email client, however primary email has not??

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2 (76 Views)

Secondary email migrated to new email client, however primary email has not??

I have two comcast emails- primary and secondary (as registered with Comcast).  The secondary email was migrated to the new email client several months ago, however the primary email still has the old horrible format.  I just called Comcast and they said they have no control over the migration process and didn't know why my secondary email was migrated prior to the primary, or better yet why they were not migrated at the same time.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
Posted by
Email Expert

Message 2 of 2 (49 Views)

Re: Secondary email migrated to new email client, however primary email has not??

I was in the first group of beta testers for the new format.  I have my Primary and two secondary accounts.  One of the secondaries is in the new format, and the other two are still in the old one.  When the new format was first rolled out it was suggested that we pick one account, or set up a new one just for that purpose.  I choose to use one of the existing secondaries, and that's the one I do most of my research with here in the forums.  But a lot of other people are experiencing the same thing as you.  My understanding is that at some point, all accounts will be migrated to the new format.  But I don't know exactly when the process will be finished.  When the format first opened, everyone at the time was told that migration was expected to be done by "early next year".  Meaning early 2017.  I see no reason to be in a hurry to migrate my other two accounts since there are still features that are not enabled at the moment, and other bugs in the software that have not been fully resolved yet.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon