Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Secondary Email accounts not updating on web and mobile app

Frequent Visitor

Secondary Email accounts not updating on web and mobile app

Today is the first day of this new interface and as usual, anything new with comcast doesn't work.

My secondary accounts are not updating and yes I have refreshed them.

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks!

email.JPG
Regular Contributor

Re: Secondary Email accounts not updating on web and mobile app

YES  SAME PROBLEM

I created a thread this morning, no replies

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Comcast-Secondary-Address-Emails-Not-Received-on-my-...

I'm running Safari if that matters.  I think not.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for confirming, tried chrome and ie, both don't work as well as the mobile app

New Poster

Same problem here, I contacted support and they have created a ticket for me and I'm supposed to hear back in 24-48 hours.  I did login directly to my secondary account on the desktop app and got my emails that way. On my own I discovered that the secondary users emails show as folders now in the new user desktop interface.  If you go below that, there is a place to add addtional email accounts. I added one of my secondary user emails there and after a few hours it did populate like separate email account with inbox, drafts, sent, junk, etc folders below it.  It works, but I much prefer how it was before with a group sent, junk, etc folders for all email users.  Still unable to figure out how to get emails from secondary users on mobile app.  

Regular Contributor

How do you login directly to your secondary account on the desktop app and get your emails?

Email Expert

philw1776 wrote:

How do you login directly to your secondary account on the desktop app and get your emails?

You navigate to the Xfinity homepage, then sign in using the user ID and password for that account.  Are you not able to do that?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Never had a password for secondary accounts, just the primary

New Poster

My secondary email still does not show any new emails.  Did you happen to get this resolved?

Regular Contributor

Not resolved.

Email Expert

philw1776 wrote:

Never had a password for secondary accounts, just the primary

It should not have been possible to set up a secondary account without a password.  What happens when you try to sign into it using the PW for the primary account?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

Says invalid password

Email Expert

philw1776 wrote:

Says invalid password

Do you have the correct password for the secondary account?  If so, what happens when you try with that?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

No password

Set up accounts over a decade ago and only know/remember primary
All was fine until Comcast "improved" (sic) their email 

Obviously not Beta tested given the problems

Regular Visitor

I'm in the same boat. For YEARS I have had secondary accounts I use for buisness and such. I could log into my primary and see all the secondary account. Since 8th when this "upgrade" was done I no longer can. I can see the folders, open them and read OLD emails but they wont download new ones. On PC or iphone. Judging by all the other posts it is a comcast caused issue

Regular Contributor

Yes, they call back confused leaving messages assuming it's my smartphone.  I know they deleted secondaries from smartphones but somewhere in that process they inhibited mew mail updates to the secondary accounts as viewed from the primary on their PC software platform.  After many calls back & forth they agree that secondaries should work from the primary as seen in their PC software.  Latest I was told wait 24 hours and their servers will update the secondaries.  As expected, that update has not happened.

Frequent Visitor

I sign into my primary account via https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/...inbox

I am receiving my primary account email via this interface, but NOT any secondary emails.

I have been using this for YEARS.  I don't log into each secondary account individually, but WAS able to get all secondary emails via primary, until recently.

New Poster

Still this morning they still aren't loading.

Regular Contributor

My SOLUTION to those others with this problem.

"The email accounts in the MY FOLDERS section are archives"  NOT YOUR SECONDARY ACCOUNTS ANY MORE

(first 2 calls to Comcast didn't tell me that; finally a really nice older lady who knew her stuff clued me in)

1.  Go down below your folders to ADD MAIL ACCOUNT and re-add your old secondary email addresses with passwords

2.  Hit the Refresh Inbox Icon and be patient* and wait, maybe even for 24 hours* as it circles & circles

3.  Next: Hit the Right Arrow (little black triangle) to the Left of your new secondary address & wait for the Inbox to come back & re-populate

* mine took that long because of a NEW Comcast problem.  Every email ever received and Trashed has come back...thousands

New Poster

philw1776 wrote:

My SOLUTION to those others with this problem.

"The email accounts in the MY FOLDERS section are archives"  NOT YOUR SECONDARY ACCOUNTS ANY MORE

(first 2 calls to Comcast didn't tell me that; finally a really nice older lady who knew her stuff clued me in)

1.  Go down below your folders to ADD MAIL ACCOUNT and re-add your old secondary email addresses with passwords

2.  Hit the Refresh Inbox Icon and be patient* and wait, maybe even for 24 hours* as it circles & circles

3.  Next: Hit the Right Arrow (little black triangle) to the Left of your new secondary address & wait for the Inbox to come back & re-populate

* mine took that long because of a NEW Comcast problem.  Every email ever received and Trashed has come back...thousands

This did not work for me. 

I contact Comcast and was told that they have eliminated this option for secondary emails.  You would need to sign out of your primary and then sign in as your secondary to get emails.

Regular Contributor

Not true for webmail on a PC

True for email on a phone

New Poster

I tried that and two options for e-mail servers that popped up: "Google" and "Other". I selected "Other" and entered Comcast e-mail and password. Then it said it could not configure the settings automatically and asked me to enter manual settings (imap, smtp, etc.), which I thought was weird because shouldn't Comcast know its own settings and be able to do it automatically? So I searched for the correct settings, found them, did all that and this popped up "A mail account with the given E-Mail address already exists." How frustrating.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation