Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Searching for items to be recovered

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Searching for items to be recovered

I can't figure out how to search the results displayed in the "Recover Deleted Items" dialog. What am I missing?

Accepted Solution

Re: Searching for items to be recovered

Sorry, I misunderstood your intent. Your statement was "The search function does not work on the Recover Deleted Items." That was apparent to me before opening the thread because the search function is not part of the Recover Deleted Items dialog.

Now that you have changed your statement to "there is no way to search within the Recover Deleted Items dialog", it tells me that I am not missing some functionality in the dialog (which was part of my original question), but that it is a missing feature (which was also part of my original question). Thanks for answering my question.

How does one report software defects/feature requests to Comcast? Is there a specific web page for doing this, or must one call Comcast's phone support?

View answer in context
Email Expert

The search function does not work on the Recover Deleted Items.  You have to just scroll to look for it.  It helps if you know the date you are looking for as the oldest ones still in there will be at the bottom.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the response, but I'm not sure what the relevance of your comment is. My issue is not that the search function does not work, the search funtion works as designed.

My issue is that it appears there is no function to search the results of the "Recover Deleted Items" dialog. This has been an essential function of email systems for at least a decade and should exist here as well; and if it does exist, the user interface should present this functionality in an obvious and convenient manner to the user.

Email Expert

You asked how to search for a message in the "Recover Deleted Items" feature.  I replied that there is no way to run a search in that feature.  I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Sorry, I misunderstood your intent. Your statement was "The search function does not work on the Recover Deleted Items." That was apparent to me before opening the thread because the search function is not part of the Recover Deleted Items dialog.

Now that you have changed your statement to "there is no way to search within the Recover Deleted Items dialog", it tells me that I am not missing some functionality in the dialog (which was part of my original question), but that it is a missing feature (which was also part of my original question). Thanks for answering my question.

How does one report software defects/feature requests to Comcast? Is there a specific web page for doing this, or must one call Comcast's phone support?

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation