Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Search Xfinity Emails

Frequent Visitor

Search Xfinity Emails

When I try to search an Xfinity email folder I can't find what to do to activate the search.  That is, there is nothing to click and the "Enter" key does not work.  

Sometimes I seen to get the search to work but I don't know what to click.  The search box has an  "X"  for "end search" but nothing to click to execute the search.

Windows 10, Firefox 53.0.2

Email Expert

Re: Search Xfinity Emails

If you are still in the old email format, there should be a "Search" button to the right of the search field.  If you are in the new format, just type in your search term and you should get a drop-down with several choices.  In this example I typed "opening"-----------------------

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 11.04.00 AM.jpg

After clicking on one of them, I got a list of emails with that term in them.  It may take a few seconds to populate them depending on how many there are.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply.  Same for me. 

I get a search box with for example, "XYZ in subject" - and then I can't click on anything.  There is nothing to always indicate that a search has occurred.  Maybe the finds appear if emails were found, but what if nothing was found?   I think that is what I have seen, unlike any other seach that I can remember.  Nothing to click on, nothing to indicate a search has occurred and no message about finds - especially bad for all new users. I am not a new user.    Maybe something is wrong with the Xfinity program for Firefox.   I have seen "no finds" or equal but not always.

I believe that when any user has to search for the most obvious click or information then the software is not user friendly.

Now I know that when I click on the choices in the menu XYZ in text, XYZ in subject etc a search is automatically done.  Is that correct?  Rather than waste the user's time, especially every new user, why not say 'search performed, no finds' if for example 'XYZ in subject' is in the search box.  Right now there's nothing.

If you can bring this to the attention of an Xfinity email party it might help many users when they start using the program.

Email Expert

When you click on your choice in the list, or just use the word you typed, if it finds nothing, you should get a caveat to that effect in the column where any messages would show.  Also, you can search All Folders, or if you click on the down arrow to the right of that, you can select any particular folder you have.  I used a nonsense word to show the response----------------------------

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 12.43.48 PM.jpg

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

In your example screen

"No Matching Items Found" is well down on the page.

It is possible that with that location low location at times it is not visible on my computer screen. ?  I'll look below the bottom of my screen the next time I don't see "No Matching Items Found".

Thanks, you have been very helpful.

I'll let you know when I understand what is going on. 

Email Expert

It is indeed possible that you may have to scroll down, depending on the size of your screen.  So if you're looking at a tablet or a smaller laptop, that could be it.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon